The great state of Liberal OHIO!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The great state of Liberal OHIO!!!!

R.TOKER
10-16-2007, 23:35
Gov. Strickland is going to save us all....from what... when...what has he done beside make skilled games illegal. You all know that Marc Dann has a security detail because he took money from all these "skilled games" and know he has been forced to call them illegal!!! He is from Youngstown, you ever heard of the Youngstown tune-up!! I love how these Democrats fooled us here in Ohio in 2004.. What has Sherrod Brown done for you lately??

elderboy02
10-17-2007, 04:55
:weirdthread: Strickland is the man. He attended Ohioans for Concealed Carry Party in the Park. He is definitely for gun owners.

Blitzer
10-17-2007, 07:26
Originally posted by R.TOKER
Gov. Strickland is going to save us all....from what... when...what has he done beside make skilled games illegal. You all know that Marc Dann has a security detail because he took money from all these "skilled games" and know he has been forced to call them illegal!!! He is from Youngstown, you ever heard of the Youngstown tune-up!! I love how these Democrats fooled us here in Ohio in 2004.. What has Sherrod Brown done for you lately????:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Would you mind laying off all those punctuation marks? :upeyes:

flitcrma
10-19-2007, 05:51
Gov. Strickland is going to save us all....from what... when...what has he done beside make skilled games illegal. You all know that Marc Dann has a security detail because he took money from all these "skilled games" and know he has been forced to call them illegal!!! He is from Youngstown, you ever heard of the Youngstown tune-up!! I love how these Democrats fooled us here in Ohio in 2004.. What has Sherrod Brown done for you lately??

Strickland beats the piss out of Boob Taft.

Brown...don't get me started on him. He has NEVER answered a single one of my questions to him about something. Beat around the bush and said what a law was designed to do.

I don't care what it was designed to do. You talk concept, I talk content. Close enough has been good enough for too damn long, and I'm tired of it.

DistantTea
10-19-2007, 18:57
Toker got your tin foil hat on? Strickland is a good guy, a good politician, and supports gun rights in Ohio. What kind of wacky problem do you have with politicians doing what you want in office? If the D next to his name on the ballot gives you such a hissy why don't you call Taft and see how far that R will get you.

alwaysshootin
10-19-2007, 19:35
Strickland beats the piss out of Boob Taft.

Likewise Sherrod Brown to Mike DeWine! Of all the attempts at another AWB, Brown has not signed onto one! Mikey would have been one of the first on all of them!

Hask12
11-05-2007, 12:25
I have high hopes for Strickland, but haven't seen squat, so far.

Linda
11-06-2007, 07:32
I have high hopes for Strickland, but haven't seen squat, so far.

Well, if the Senate and the House refuse to move any Bills to his desk, how would anyone ever expect to see anything good related to guns, come from our pro-gun Governor? Lay blame where blame belongs! And that's not at Strickland's feet!

Hask12
11-06-2007, 13:14
One thing I learned when Taft was in charge and that was the Governor could make or break legislature going through Congress in Columbus by announcing his approval or disapproval in advance. Action speaks louder then words. It's been almost a year now, time to get the ball rolling. The buck stops here.
If I remember correctly after the last election both OFCC and Buckeye Firearms felt that Congress, although not perfect, was strengthened as far as pro gun was concerned, along with a Pro Gun Governor.

Dinho
11-08-2007, 19:05
haha boob taft.

strickland has done a fine job and we need to get the right laws infront of him to sign. but i like his pro gun stance and his lowering taxes stance!

Hask12
11-09-2007, 06:17
He needs to notify our legislatures that he wants to see the Castle Doctrine law passed this year. Saying I'll sign it if it's passed is kind of a cop out. He needs to push his party a little harder, after all he is the leader.

Linda
11-09-2007, 08:25
It's NOT his party. All the House and Senate leadership is Republican. If you can't get it past leadership, you can't get it to his desk.

I'm in no way trying to be disrespectful here Hask, so please don't take my next statement in that way, because it's not meant with disrespect, but as a learning tool:

I invite you to sit next to me in the Statehouse whenever we should ever get more hearings. I will help teach you the ways of how a Bill becomes law. I was in your same place a couple years ago. Had no clue how things were done. I've had a HUGE education over the past couple years, as I sat in the Statehouse for every single hearing for HB347, vote, override, I testified, had meetings with key players, etc. My fellow Buckeye Firearms leaders have given me a huge education in the political process over the past couple years as well.

Also: FYI
Congress=is Federal body of Congressman and Senators
Legislature=State level, the House & Senate as a whole
legislation= is what we try to get passed (i.e. Bills)
Legislators=the individual members of the House & Senate at the State level

anyplainjoe
11-09-2007, 09:25
Thanks to the BFA for all their hard work. If every gun owner performed the basic steps of actually voting, writing letters and sending emails to politicans and the media, things would be easier.

We must constantly send the clear message that we're good, law abiding folks who want laws that are make sense, protect the law abiding and punish the criminals. And don't want laws that are just feel good measures to complex problems.

Linda
11-09-2007, 09:57
You're very welcome Joe from all of us at BFA.

You are absolutely right on all points!

anyplainjoe
11-09-2007, 10:44
With so many pro-gun groups providing nicely written templates, there is zero excuse not to write. Just copy-n-paste, make the letter your own, and print it. Walk over to your printer, sign it, address and stamp the envelope. Take all of about 3 minutes to do your bit to protect the Second Amendment.

Hask12
11-09-2007, 11:32
An anti gun Governor was able to prevent CCW in Ohio from becoming law for 7 of the 8 years he served. It was only after numerous compromises, that Taft thought the pro gun lobby's would never accept, that CCW in Ohio finally became law.
A year later a Taft veto overide occured that allowed State Preemption and also changed how you could carry in a motor vehicle. This only occured because Taft was lame duck and incredibly unpopular. In other words his ability to influence the Senate and House had deteriorated to the point that the politicians in Ohio no longer feared any repercussions from a Governor who's powers were dwindling. Many Senators commented that they had never received such an overwhelming response from constituents regarding the passage of a law. A great deal of credit goes to organizations such as OFCC and Buckeye Firearms( who broke off from OFCC), for the passage of these laws but gun owners made a strong statement last year when the veto overide occured.
As a card carrying member of OFCC, also from day one, and also a contributor to Buckeye Firearms, I am aware of how a Bill becomes law, although I know there is more to be learned, and I am aware of all the manipulations, and deals that occur behind thes scene to get a law passed. And Linda, I can't thank you enough for the incredible work you are doing in Columbus on our behalf, which is why I will continue to to support both OFCC and Buckeye Firearms in the future.
All that being said, CCW laws in this State in the past has been the results of the Republican Party getting them passed. I'm the first to admit the Republican Party has left me very frustrated at times regarding CCW in Ohio, especially when I see Republicans in other States not having a problem at all regarding CCW. But the majority of Republican Reps. have been in favor of CCW while the majority of the Democrats have been opposed. I am also aware of the influence Governor Taft, in the past, had over his fellow Republicans in Columbus, and how he was able to sway their vote.
Now we have a Democrat for Governor and I'm sure that there is a lot of backbiting from Republicans and a desire to not allow Governor Strickland to look good.
All I am saying is that I expect our new Governor to have influence of some type over his fellow Democrats. Just saying you are in favor of something doesn't mean much if nothing gets passed. In the last election both OFCC and Buckeye Firearms felt that our influence in Columbus had strengthened. Will Castle Doctrine die in Columbus this year? If that's the case then I see the same old nonsense in the State of Ohio regarding CCW. Do we need more support from gun owners? Of course, and we dwell on that at every CCW class we teach. But you'll never get enough people to respond, and last years veto overide shows that the number of pro gun people willing to contact their State Reps is growing more and more each day.
Again Linda, thank you for the work you do, you have my full support.

Linda
11-09-2007, 12:10
Thank you Sir! And thank you for your continued support of Buckeye Firearms! Greatly appreciated!

joedoc
11-09-2007, 18:32
Strickland has endorsed Hillary for president. That ought to give you some pause. I remain unconvinced that he is anything other than another liberal.

firedog978
11-09-2007, 19:23
Strickland has endorsed Hillary for president. That ought to give you some pause. I remain unconvinced that he is anything other than another liberal.

I just came online to post that here too.
When I saw the Ohio gun rights groups endorse him (Strickland) I tried to say look at the big picture! He may be for 2nd Amendment rights or, he may just be saying so. So far nothing has changed under his Administration. Ken Blackwell was/is pro 2nd Amendment and I am sure he is not endorsing Hilly Dilly!
I cannot feel comfortable IF SHE GETS ELECTED, that a Dem Governor will go against her and the party. And she is WITHOUT QUESTION 100% against gun rights and our dear 2nd Amendment!

anyplainjoe
11-09-2007, 19:59
he's eyeing the VP slot.

ampleworks
11-09-2007, 20:13
And that leaves us what amounts to Comrad Pelosi's brother in the governor seat.

joedoc
11-09-2007, 20:30
the idealogical descendent of Dick Celeste.

Hask12
11-10-2007, 18:27
And very, very, anti-gun.

KnightOfTheOlde
11-10-2007, 19:01
Wonderfully stated Hask! We need castle passed now and theirs no excuse why it's not moving forward.

An anti gun Governor was able to prevent CCW in Ohio from becoming law for 7 of the 8 years he served. It was only after numerous compromises, that Taft thought the pro gun lobby's would never accept, that CCW in Ohio finally became law.
A year later a Taft veto overide occured that allowed State Preemption and also changed how you could carry in a motor vehicle. This only occured because Taft was lame duck and incredibly unpopular. In other words his ability to influence the Senate and House had deteriorated to the point that the politicians in Ohio no longer feared any repercussions from a Governor who's powers were dwindling. Many Senators commented that they had never received such an overwhelming response from constituents regarding the passage of a law. A great deal of credit goes to organizations such as OFCC and Buckeye Firearms( who broke off from OFCC), for the passage of these laws but gun owners made a strong statement last year when the veto overide occured.
As a card carrying member of OFCC, also from day one, and also a contributor to Buckeye Firearms, I am aware of how a Bill becomes law, although I know there is more to be learned, and I am aware of all the manipulations, and deals that occur behind thes scene to get a law passed. And Linda, I can't thank you enough for the incredible work you are doing in Columbus on our behalf, which is why I will continue to to support both OFCC and Buckeye Firearms in the future.
All that being said, CCW laws in this State in the past has been the results of the Republican Party getting them passed. I'm the first to admit the Republican Party has left me very frustrated at times regarding CCW in Ohio, especially when I see Republicans in other States not having a problem at all regarding CCW. But the majority of Republican Reps. have been in favor of CCW while the majority of the Democrats have been opposed. I am also aware of the influence Governor Taft, in the past, had over his fellow Republicans in Columbus, and how he was able to sway their vote.
Now we have a Democrat for Governor and I'm sure that there is a lot of backbiting from Republicans and a desire to not allow Governor Strickland to look good.
All I am saying is that I expect our new Governor to have influence of some type over his fellow Democrats. Just saying you are in favor of something doesn't mean much if nothing gets passed. In the last election both OFCC and Buckeye Firearms felt that our influence in Columbus had strengthened. Will Castle Doctrine die in Columbus this year? If that's the case then I see the same old nonsense in the State of Ohio regarding CCW. Do we need more support from gun owners? Of course, and we dwell on that at every CCW class we teach. But you'll never get enough people to respond, and last years veto overide shows that the number of pro gun people willing to contact their State Reps is growing more and more each day.
Again Linda, thank you for the work you do, you have my full support.

anyplainjoe
11-10-2007, 19:04
That's right, opportunity is now. We can worry bout all the what if's later, let's get unified and vocal now.

If you want to wait till all the stars are alligned and hoping things will magiclly fall into our laps, with taking action, that will never happen.

R.TOKER
11-10-2007, 20:34
Toker got your tin foil hat on? Strickland is a good guy, a good politician, and supports gun rights in Ohio. What kind of wacky problem do you have with politicians doing what you want in office? If the D next to his name on the ballot gives you such a hissy why don't you call Taft and see how far that R will get you.

I don't need a tin foil hat. I guess I'm just not as easily fooled as you !!! Mr. Strickland just endorsed Clinton for President!! But I'm sure you will say she supports gun rights as well!!! Nice try!!

DistantTea
11-11-2007, 15:11
Maybe he should have endorsed either of the two republican front runners then? Their history of anti gun control makes them the proper choice in your mind?

I'm not fooled. I'm involved.

R.TOKER
11-11-2007, 15:27
Maybe he should have endorsed either of the two republican front runners then? Their history of anti gun control makes them the proper choice in your mind?

I'm not fooled. I'm involved.

Involved in what?? Supporting a man who speaks out of both side of his mouth. At least Guiliani says "here I am , this is what I am". He doesn't suck up to the gun vote to get in office then select an ant-gun Lt. Governor and then support Hillary for Pres. Wait until 'ol Teddy is VP then Lee Fisher is our Gov. Whoopy!!