Table Mesa Cleanup this Saturday, Oct 20. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Table Mesa Cleanup this Saturday, Oct 20.

El_Ron1
10-18-2007, 18:08
Oct. 18, 2007

Volunteers are invited to participate in a cleanup of the Table Mesa Road area this Saturday, Oct. 20 from 8 a.m. to noon. The cleanup area is located about 35 miles north of Phoenix.

Registration for volunteers runs from 7-8 a.m. To get to the registration area, take I-17 to the Table Mesa Road exit (Exit 236) and head west on Table Mesa Road until you see the signs.

Trash bags and some other supplies will be provided. Bring your own work gloves, sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and a shovel, if you have one. Lunch will be provided for all volunteers.

If you would like to bring an ATV or another OHV, please remember, Table Mesa Road is a publicly maintained road, and the vehicle needs to be properly registered and insured. Other traffic laws must be obeyed, including having proper safety equipment and your driverís license.

These cleanups are held throughout the year in an effort to mitigate for the damage caused by unlawful target shooting, unlawful OHV activity, and illegal dumping. The continued efforts of recreational enthusiasts to exercise responsible use and report violations are important in order to preserve the natural area and keep it open for future use.

Supporting organizations include the Good Gun Foundation, Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition, Bureau of Land Management, Arizona Virtual Jeep Club, Desert Wolf Tours, City of Phoenix, Bradshaw Foothills Coalition, and the Arizona Game and Fish Department, among others. For more information, visit http://www.goodgun.org/id22.html

glock45acp21
10-19-2007, 23:24
I wish I had known sooner, and I would have signed up. I'll check on the next clean up.