Battleship sailors [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Battleship sailors

standerson
10-18-2007, 23:25
I am starting an AR build in conjunction with the 20th anniversary (2009) of the explosion on board the USS IOWA. We lost 47 brave souls that day and I want to do this in their memory.

I am going to get it the lower engraved but I'm looking for ideas.

Help me out. Give me some ideas.

FastJuice
10-19-2007, 17:17
Ships seal, or better known as crest, with the date.

SCmasterblaster
10-20-2007, 14:26
I was shipmates with GMGCS Reginald Ziegler when he was a GMG1 on the USS Vogelgesang DD-862 in Newport, RI.

May I suggest the gunner's mate crossed cannons?

standerson
10-21-2007, 19:56
Ships seal, or better known as crest, with the date.

The crest is too "busy" We are thinking about breaking it down and using part of it.

standerson
10-22-2007, 00:30
I was shipmates with GMGCS Reginald Ziegler when he was a GMG1 on the USS Vogelgesang DD-862 in Newport, RI.

May I suggest the gunner's mate crossed cannons?

Thanks for the idea.

quaviet
10-22-2007, 03:57
I respect your post but there are other sailors that suffered a turret explosion, namely the Newport News. We were next to her with our tiny destroyer when a simular tragedy occured. I was only trying to suggest that there are other ships besides Battleships. IMHO

standerson
10-23-2007, 02:49
I respect your post but there are other sailors that suffered a turret explosion, namely the Newport News. We were next to her with our tiny destroyer when a simular tragedy occured. I was only trying to suggest that there are other ships besides Battleships. IMHO

I understand that there are other sailors who went through a turret explosion.

I didn't serve on those ships, I served on the IOWA.

SCmasterblaster
10-23-2007, 17:45

I remember the 'News. I think that it lost its center barrel, turret two.

Didn't the Iowa have its explosion in the center gun turret two, also?

What can were you on?

I was on DD-782 and DD-862.

Navy Gunner
10-31-2007, 20:50
#2 for crossed cannon.

GMCS(SW)

spober
11-07-2007, 14:14
LPH 12 Inchon"never more brightly"now that was a big old spam can!