National Collegiate Student Empty Holster Protest October 22 - 27, 2007 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : National Collegiate Student Empty Holster Protest October 22 - 27, 2007

KnightOfTheOlde
10-19-2007, 20:07
National Collegiate Student Empty Holster Protest October 22 - 27, 2007

During the week of October 22-27, 2007, college students throughout America will attend classes wearing empty holsters, in protest of state laws and campus policies that stack the odds in favor of armed killers by disarming law abiding citizens who are licensed to carry concealed handguns virtually everywhere else.

For full details and a BFA article about this impressive movement please visit

www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3989.html

lets support these kids any way we can!

flitcrma
10-19-2007, 20:52
Thanks for the plug on it knight, it's appreciated.

Visit concealedcampus.org for more info.

flitcrma
10-19-2007, 22:09
For University of Cincinnati Students!!!!

Ladies and Gents, if you don't have a holster yet, PLEASE call me and I'll give you one. 513-910-8622.

Secondly, pick up a copy of the News Record, probably Wednesday edition, we should be in there.

Thirdly, Zimpher is going to be giving her 2007 State of the University Address on 10/24. http://www.uc.edu/news/NR.asp?id=7247 I'd like to see this room have students with pro-carry shirts and/or empty holsters inside of it. If you know anybody that wants to try to get answers right from the horses mouth, please tell them about this, and have them contact me. Free holsters for cryin' out loud!! Remember, we want to come off as average students, no screaming or causing disturbances. The last thing we need is another "don't taze me bro!" incident.

Fourth, I'll be putting up fliers beginning early Monday morning. If you have free time, let me know, I'll give you a roll of masking tape and some copies, put 'em up everywhere you can think of. We need to make the whole student body aware of this if we can.

Fifth, this is THE week to stand up for your rights. UC police know about this, as does the administration and most faculty members. Don't take those holsters off. If they threaten grades, we'll be more than happy to talk to the University's Legal Counsel about it.

feltoosj
10-20-2007, 14:09
National Collegiate Student Empty Holster Protest October 22 - 27, 2007

During the week of October 22-27, 2007, college students throughout America will attend classes wearing empty holsters, in protest of state laws and campus policies that stack the odds in favor of armed killers by disarming law abiding citizens who are licensed to carry concealed handguns virtually everywhere else.

For full details and a BFA article about this impressive movement please visit

www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3989.html

lets support these kids any way we can!

Careful, don't make the anti's arguments for them...we're not kids!

flitcrma
10-21-2007, 14:58
Folks around Cincinnati, please tune into WKRC (local channel 12) news tonight (Sunday the 21st) at 11 p.m. I just got out of an interview with them a little bit ago about the empty holster protest, and CCW on campus.

flitcrma
10-22-2007, 11:13
So far, locally today, we have had:

http://700wlw.com/pages/onair_mcconnell.html

http://www.daytondailynews.com/searc...miamiguns.html

The Columbus Dispatch called me about this 3 times actually. I also did a TV slot with the local news channels 5 and a follow up with 19. Last night I was on local channel 12. Channel 9 has a little blurb about it on their website, but no interviews or anything about it. Media attention is media attention, I'll take all of it we can give this.

The student newspaper should have an article about it tomorrow.

This by the way, occurred within 2 hours of being on campus.

I went from maybe 12 emails a week to about 12 an hour.

I've had 2 negative emails.

I also just received an email from my Ohio Senator, Mr. Seitz about this.

Dear Michael,

In response to your October 18 e-mail, I am attaching my response to your colleague, Stephen Feltoon, who wrote me earlier about the same issues. I applaud what you are doing. I agree it is time to move to the next generation of CCW laws in Ohio. Despite all the dire worries of the liberals that allowing CCW in Ohio would create "the Wild, Wild, West," this has not proven to be true.

I wish you and SCCC all the luck in the world. The next time I see Nancy Zimpher, I will tell her so. Unfortunately, about two years ago, UC banned smoking on campus*. If the thought police won't allow cigarettes, I highly doubt they would ever be inclined to allow guns. The national nanny state is in full bloom, much to my chagrin, and it is up to students like you to preserve and protect our legacy of freedom. Keep up the good fight!

Sincerely,

William J. Seitz

*I am told this was by a vote of the students themselves, which, if true, simply goes to show that too many students today are no more protective of personal liberties than are their adult counterparts.

anyplainjoe
10-23-2007, 07:59
The dispatch online mentioned this today, the article seemed ok, except for the the two quotes-one from a student -who seems uninformed of the specifics-and a university policeman-I doubt he wants to give up his "turf" to mere law abiding civilians.

anyplainjoe
10-25-2007, 09:03
foxnews.com is now running an AP version of the Empty Holster story!