CT: High Rock Range... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CT: High Rock Range...

magicfire33
10-21-2007, 16:27
Anyone ever shoot there? What's it like? I drove by there recently and it was slam packed crowded. What would be the best times to go? Thanks in advance.

Tvov
10-22-2007, 04:46
Where is it?

(obviously, I haven't been there, lol)

magicfire33
10-22-2007, 09:47
Where is it?

(obviously, I haven't been there, lol)

It's up on the top of the ridge on the left if you're heading north on Route 8, just before exit 25.

Vigilance
10-22-2007, 09:53
I was there on Saturday for the first time. I got there about mid-morning and it wasn't too packed, there were still a few ports open. I stayed for about an hour and in that time it started to get really busy. Not sure when its the least busy, since that was my first visit.

The only thing I don't like is the big rifle tables in the firing lanes. I was shooting pistols and they wouldn't let me stand behind the table so I had to cram myself in between the table the screen the seperates the ports. Not the most comfortable position, but there were other spots available that didn't have this problem.

But all in all, its a nice range. Staff is friendly and helpfull if you need it. I'll definitely be back.

harlenm
10-24-2007, 15:59
Is the road getting to it fixed, or is it still horribly potholed?

magicfire33
10-24-2007, 16:10
Is the road getting to it fixed, or is it still horribly potholed?

No, it's still pretty rough. How much does it cost to shoot there? Do they have any unusual or wacky rules and can you shoot an AK-74 there? I fully expect to get questioned by some idiot who thinks it's an AK-47, which are banned in CT.

harlenm
10-29-2007, 11:23
AK clones are not banned, however, you can no longer buy one. If you owned it at the point where they were no longer legal to sell, and registered it with the state, it's perfectly legal to own and to shoot.

As for fees, I think it's $5 for the first hour, and $1 for each 15 minutes after that. The only rules are no clay targets. I don't think they allow full auto or tracers, but I'm not positive.

glockawakka
10-29-2007, 17:16
no glass or exploding targets too. Pre hunting season it does get packed, most of the rest of the year it isn't bad. Watch out for hornets in the late summer/early fall.

usmc4641
11-05-2007, 15:10
Avoid the first Sunday of every month, it is cowboy shoot day and you cannot target shoot. Also avoid early saturday mornings, since I like to shoot then as well( insert smiley)