Bought a new bike... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new bike...

Rikki
10-23-2007, 05:16
Went down to a Honda/Suz/Kaw dealer about a week ago just to kill some time.
Rode a used Shadow750 just for grins and I was really impressed with the overall ride,handling and engine package...they had a "brand new" '06 750 Shadow Aero on the showroom floor...so we struck up a deal and I bought it.
I know there are bigger/more powerful/better handling bikes out there, but there was just something about that middleweight cruiser package that "fit" me.The one I rode was very smooth thru the gears-very luggy and torquey- Honda has done it's homework on getting a 750 twin to "pull". One of the things I like most about it is that it can sit there and idle and you can have a conversation w/o shouting...Plus with the watercooling and the stock muffler you can really hear that the engine doesn't have any knocks or pings going on in it.
Wasn't at all looking for a new bike, but with Fall fast on us here in Indiana there are some good deals(take CASH) out there since its getting too nasty weatherwise to ride.
Most of my riding is 35mph on country roads for pleasure before or after work-and a couple times a year I like to go to Panama Beach for the bikefests.
Now if it'll just quit raining I'll bring her home...

Patterson
10-23-2007, 08:12
Congratulations on your new baby. Hope you bring it home soon. What did it end up costing you?

uzimon
10-23-2007, 09:01
a honda 750-4 was my 1st (70s model, air cooled)
also have had:
kaw ltd 900
honda vfr 1000 (1 of the 1st interceptors)
suzuki gs1k
kaw zx9
suzi gsxr 1k
and now i'm on my 2nd hayabusa
http://www.mocospace.com/html/album/photoalbum-view.jsp?postid=1044289
there's nothing like the power of a big bore street bike
it's gotten me in some trouble, and more than a few gals, but i'd do it all again

klmmicro
10-23-2007, 20:32
Congrats on the new bike! I just bought a CBR600RR as my road bike. I have been riding my XR650L for the last 13,000 miles and it was just getting too much to handle. It is hard to beat Honda for quality. They may not be the most powerful out on the road, but they will run for ages with a little care.

Have fun, ride safe and keep the rubber rings on the ground!

tshadow6
10-28-2007, 17:33
The 750 Shadow has more than enough power for anything you need. Enjoy it.