10-26-2007, 05:38
Any AR lowers for $105.00?

centennial
10-26-2007, 06:16
Stag lowers are $115.00.
The days of $105 are gone for ever.

TAC-GLOCK
10-27-2007, 12:15
I went to the show today, it was pathetic. I miss the real gun shows like they used to have at the 8-Mile Armory!

Warhorse
10-27-2007, 13:35
I went to the show today, it was pathetic. I miss the real gun shows like they used to have at the 8-Mile Armory!
Yep, I agree.

centennial
10-27-2007, 16:56
Yeah, we all miss those, but they are gone forever.
Clinton ordered the ATF to shut down as many home based FFLs as possible and they did it quite effectively.
That's why there are so few dealers.

Glock 19 God
10-27-2007, 18:12
GunShows are obselete nowadays. All you have to do is go to Gunbroker.

bigjim
11-04-2007, 20:52
Stag lowers are $115.00.
The days of $105 are gone for ever.

Is that a stripped lower? If so, what does it take to "finish" it, and how much does that cost?

Also, how does Stag compare to Colt/Bushy/etc?

Christmas is coming!

centennial
11-05-2007, 05:52
Yes, that's a stripped lower.
Completing it requires a parts kit, a hammer, some punches, a screw driver, a 5/8" end wrench and if you're installing a carbine buttstock, a carbine stock wrench........and about an hour of your time.

You can put together a basic AR-15 for about $600. Options will elevate this figure.

Stag manufactures lowers for Rock River as well as a number of other AR manufacturers. They are forged and machined. Fit and finish is excellent.

bigjim
11-05-2007, 08:44
Yes, that's a stripped lower.
Completing it requires a parts kit, a hammer, some punches, a screw driver, a 5/8" end wrench and if you're installing a carbine buttstock, a carbine stock wrench........and about an hour of your time.

You can put together a basic AR-15 for about $600. Options will elevate this figure.

Stag manufactures lowers for Rock River as well as a number of other AR manufacturers. They are forged and machined. Fit and finish is excellent.

One more question, if you please: How much is the parts kit? And is it significantly cheaper to do it that way rather than just buying a complete lower?

And, is the stripped lower the "gun" part that needs a NICS check?

centennial
11-05-2007, 11:19
One more question, if you please: How much is the parts kit? And is it significantly cheaper to do it that way rather than just buying a complete lower?

And, is the stripped lower the "gun" part that needs a NICS check?

A lower parts kit will run $65-$75
Yes, the receiver has the serial number, so it requires a NICS check.

bigjim
11-07-2007, 11:39
A lower parts kit will run $65-$75
Yes, the receiver has the serial number, so it requires a NICS check.

And another question, when buying a stripped lower and parts kit, does a separate buttstock also have to be purchased? If so, then using Stag's prices the stripped lower, part kit, and carbine buttstock come to $256, before tax, and the complete lower is only $260.

Can one obtain a finished lower in the real world for about the same as building it yourself? What do you charge for Stag lowers?

Sorry for the million questions, but I'm trying to convince the family I "need" one for Christmas, and if it's not a huge savings I will probably just go for the complete lower and then buy an upper or two next year.

Oh yeah, and if I go with the carbine lower, does it have to be "safety inspected" in Michigan?

centennial
11-07-2007, 14:17
Lower parts kits do not include buttstocks. This gives you the option to use a "custom" buttstock.
The best reason to build up an AR is if you want a gun with many aftermarket parts/options.
If you want a basic AR, I would recommend a factory rifle.
If you buy all Stag factory parts the price is going to be about the same.
I have Stag model 1 ARs (M4 style) in stock right now for $775.00+tax