Liddell vs. Silva [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Liddell vs. Silva

osiruscyn
10-25-2007, 14:24
now that it's official, what's your thoughts?

Liddell needs this win. If he doesn't win, that will be 3 losses in a row. He's already talked about retirement, does a loss send him into retirement? I think so. If he wins, it will be a huge boost to him and his image and put him back in the running for another title shot.

gr81disp
10-25-2007, 21:55
They are both in bad positions. Both have lost their last two fights, both have been KOed and both of their last losses came to guys they should have beaten. I think Silva can take a loss better than Liddell because he is unknown to American audiences so his last two losses really don't count against him.

I think Liddell takes it. Silva is wild with is punches, rushes, tends to get tagged and is rocked by a stiff breeze (he got dropped by Sakuraba SAKURABA!!). Liddell likes guys with holes in their defense, who rush his counter-punching style and Liddell hits like a ton of bricks. I see Silva getting overexcited, rushing a bit, getting a bit wild and Liddell sneaks a bomb through and puts him out within the first two rounds. This is a bad style matchup for Silva.

DaleGribble
11-06-2007, 04:59
I personally think Wanderlei is gonna take this one. Chuck is a counter puncher and I don't think he matches up well with Silva's knees in your face fighting style. I damn sure wouldn't put money on it though.

TRMN8R
11-06-2007, 11:12
My pick'd be for Liddell.

That said, I feel like Chuck actually "deserved" to lose his last two bouts. He went in against Rampage (a guy he'd already lost to) with his hands down, which is extremely stupid against a fighter who goes directly in. Everyone else gave Chuck respect for his hands 'cuz they didn't wanna' get hit by 'em, but Rampage could've cared less, and leaving his hands down was pretty much disrespectful to his (Jackson's) striking abilities. Got that loss the hard way.

I have NO idea what the hell he was thinking against Jardine. It's like he was waiting all three rounds for an opening to unload on Jardine, but took a whoooole lot of abuse from him while doing so. Can't win the judges decision like that. IMNSHO, Chuck's a better fighter than Jardine, but you never would've known it from that fight.

Haven't seen Silva fight in awhile. The one's I've seen he was either completely dominant or got his ass whooped. No real middle ground with that guy, seems like. Previous experience shows he has holes in his game and if ANY of 'em are still there, Liddell will quickly capitalize on 'em. My prediction is Silva will crumple from one of Chuck's bricks to the jaw.

Bottom line is, this is a fight Liddell absolutely cannot afford to lose.