New soldier sounding off [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New soldier sounding off

bburgi
10-28-2007, 18:08
-----

Ghost-1
10-29-2007, 03:26
Congrats now you will get through AIT and then to your unit and be ready to head over here to Iraq. Good job makeing it through and just keepit up and it will fly by.

I am heading in December from here and man I can not wait I have been here since las October. It is time to go and be back with my family.

deadday
10-29-2007, 18:37
Pay attention. Learn your **** Fister. Soldiers will depend on you to drop fire quickly, accurately, and safely.

drew

3/325
11-27-2007, 02:11
Ah, yeah, 13F classes... We had an instuctor who picked up a D-cell battery out of a box and held it up: "If you fall asleep in my class, the first time you get a battery," he explained. Then, holding up the box "the second time you fall asleep you get the whole goddam battalion."

Don't fall asleep.

Are we still humping around the PRC77? It's been about 15 yrs and I haven't kept up with the latest in radio equipment.

deadday
11-27-2007, 15:03
Ah, yeah, 13F classes... We had an instuctor who picked up a D-cell battery out of a box and held it up: "If you fall asleep in my class, the first time you get a battery," he explained. Then, holding up the box "the second time you fall asleep you get the whole goddam battalion."

Don't fall asleep.

Are we still humping around the PRC77? It's been about 15 yrs and I haven't kept up with the latest in radio equipment.

Our CIs and Drills had Sgt Rock. He was Airborne/Air Assault qualified :wow:

drew

fourdeuce2
11-28-2007, 03:25
It still irks me that they took our forward observer positions out of the mortar platoons(right out from under me). :steamed: I enjoyed being a forward observer and was pretty good at it, but they decided mortars didn't need our own.