Anyone drive a Ford Escape? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone drive a Ford Escape?

ArodJohns
10-29-2007, 21:13
Do any of you drive a Ford Escape? I'm looking to replace my current vehicle and that's one of the possibilities. Are there any problems that seem to show up from vehicle to vehicle? How do you like your's? For those of you that live in the northern sections of the country, how well does it do in the snow?

685cmj
10-30-2007, 03:32
Not anymore! I had a 2003 Escape--my wife loved the "cute" SUV. In 2005 I took it into the dealer for an oil change--they called back to say that pieces of the engine had actually fallen off while it was sitting in my Minnesota garage during the winter and the oil change would cost me $1800 (just one or two months out of warrenty)--turned out that there was a known problem (and a TSB) which essentially meant that the vehicle couldn't be exposed to freezing temperatures. Imagine selling an SUV in Minnesota which can't be exposed to freezing temperatures because it will fall apart sitting in a garage! Anyway, I went into Edmunds site to look at the TSBs on the vehicle and it was mind-boggling. In three years they already had 113 TSBs on the car! Just for reference I checked the 2003 Toyota 4Runner's TSBs--it had a total of 11. I went out and bought myself a new 4Runner. Wouldn't ever own a Ford again!

DaleGribble
10-30-2007, 04:12
My wife drives a 2005 Ford Escape and we both like it.

It's got right at 50k miles on it and we haven't had any real issues with it. We've had one recall, which had something to do with the headliner. Our Ford dealer had it back to us in three hours.

The only problem we've had was the gas spout door popping open. I bent one of the little tabs that lock it in place and it's been fine ever since.

The interior is kind of plain but all the controls are laid out very well. The ride is fine and it handles ok. We get about 26 mpg on the highway out of the 4cyl. The 4cyl model does lack some power for interstate driving but I do a steady 80 mph without much trouble.

It's very roomy. I'm 6'4" and I have plenty of head room. My head doesn't touch the ceiling and my knees don't touch the dash. When I'm in it the back seat behind me is useless for anyone but a small child. When my wife, who is 5'9, sits in it there's enough room for a fully grown adult in the back seat. I do wish it was a little longer so there was more cargo space in the back but there's plenty of room for luggage for two.

I'd definitely buy another one.

Tom B
10-30-2007, 08:37
I own a 2005 XLS 2.3L 5sp with 40K miles. No problems and it gets 30MPG! Great little SUV!

YpsiBob
10-30-2007, 14:57
we have a 2005 V6 and 2007 4 cylinder, everyone likes both of them, the V6 is pretty fast for a SUV (it was the fastest small SUV i dont know if it still is) and the 4 banger gets good milage, i would definatly reccomend the escape.