Pistol League forming in Seattle area [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Pistol League forming in Seattle area

bisdak
10-31-2007, 22:38
Hi There,

Anyone in the Seattle area interested in joining a local pistol league that they're trying to form. I am enclosing a copy of an email (with permission) from Northwest Pistol Association. The Association is encouraging everyone to pass this on to whoever is interested. I just received this tonight and I'm sorry this is really a short notice but if you read the email you can miss 2 weeks out of 8. So here's the notice.

The newly resurrected shooting league will begin tomorrow evening, Thursday night, November 1, 2007. Everyone receiving this email is on my NWPA email list, and has been bcc'd to keep the list private. If you would like to be removed, please let me know.

The league will run for 8 weeks. You must participate in at least 6 of the 8 weeks to qualify for prizes. Your top 6 scores will count, so if you participate all 8 weeks we'll drop your lowest 2 scores.

What you need to compete:

Handgun of .380 caliber or larger (smaller calibers are welcome for noncompetetive fun)
48 rounds of ammunition
One extra magazine or speed loader
Safety check by NWPA Range Officer
Location is Champion Arms. Please see their website for directions and contact information: http://www.championarms.com

Weekly league fee of $7 covers range fees and cost of awards and food for the banquet at the end of the 8-week league.

This is a fun league designed to help you improve your shooting skills. EVERYONE IS WELCOME!

Tentative League Schedule:
November 1, 2007 - Week 1

November 8, 2007 - Week 2

November 15, 2007 - Week 3

November 22, 2007 - No Competition - Thanksgiving
November 29, 2007 - No Competition - Vacation
December 6, 2007 - Week 4
December 13, 2007 - Week 5 (also my birthday, presents are encouraged!)
December 20, 2007 - Week 6
December 27, 2007 - No Competition - Non-religious Winter Break
January 3, 2008 - Week 7
January 10, 2008 - Week 8
January 17, 2008 - Fun Week 1 / Awards Banquet
January 25, 2008 - Fun Week 2 / Alternate day for Awards Banquet

Everything is subject to change at this point. If we don't get enough participation, league will be disbanded early. If that happens, any money collected that wasn't spent on range fees and supplies will be donated to the Eastside King County Friends of NRA. There will be no refunds.

I've attached a Word document that contains the course of fire for Week 1. The course of fire will vary from week to week, and will be chosen based on my whims or by request. Feel free to suggest a COF to me or design your own!

Please email nwpa@144.org for more information.

Jeff Gross
NWPA