lumberjack
11-03-2007, 14:47
Folks I shoot will know this to be my Jeep:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/10mmsheepdog/IMG_2074.jpg

And the seat belt part:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/10mmsheepdog/passenger.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/10mmsheepdog/Driversfrontcorner.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/10mmsheepdog/Driversrearcorner.jpg

I'll have the pics from the crash site soon enough, Daniel snapped some on his camera after he got there.

Happened half a mile from my house, country road, the other driver and I were sharing the center lane. I missed her and went for a ride. Won a concussion, 5 stitches, and some soreness, but otherwise unscathed.

I completed two and a half rotations over the drivers side, and one and a half rotations along the length of the vehicle. The dent in the passenger fender/hood is caused from a tree 6' above the road that I hit while upside down and off the ground. All this transpired in about 25-27 yards from when my tires first left the ground.

My rear seat, speakers, and amp were ejected from the back; the biggest portion of my hard top was under the front passenger tire when the dust settled. It would have not been a good accident to be eject from IMO, but YMMV (doubtful).

Ballyhoo
11-04-2007, 04:27
Lumberjack: It is clear to me that God still has something planned for you to do. Those photos are chilling. Glad you walked away.

cannoneer
11-04-2007, 06:06
Lumberjack
Glad to hear that you are OK, sorry about the jeep.
Cliff

haras
11-04-2007, 14:22
DUDE! Glad you made it out alive. Ballyhoo has pegged it, luck alone wouldn't have gotten you through that.

How can you remember so much detail? I got in a tangle once when I raced mini stocks and smacked the wall... it happens so fast.

Did the lady stop?

(everybody needs roll bars...)

lumberjack
11-05-2007, 06:35
I remember the detail from analysis of the scene, after the wreck when I got home from the hospital.

Yep, the lady stopped. She was is a surgical nurse that got called in at 1:30 that morning and was heading home from that call (at 11:25).

I think something is torn up in my right shoulder, going to schedule an appointment (hopefully today or tomorrow) to get it looked at.

trbaldridge
11-05-2007, 10:26
Lumberjack said, "Folks I shoot will know this to be my Jeep:"

You have never shot me, but I do recoginize the jeep.

Glad you came through it with only the injuries you have instead of something much worse, Carl.

I had a cj5 back in high school. That is when I started wearing seat belts. No need for a law to tell me that I needed to wear one.

terry

lumberjack
11-05-2007, 19:10
Ha Terry, shoot WITH.

My ortho appointment is tomorrow at 10:25, hopefully it'll be good news.

On a positive note, State Farm is taking very good care of me with regards to the Jeep. It is indeed totalled and they more than fair with their payout.

Cliff Cargill
11-05-2007, 20:52
Man!!!

I'm glad you're OK. Jeez, that's a hard hit.

Be safe and we'll see you soon.

Best,
Cliff

xd357
11-05-2007, 21:02
man thats a bad wreck glad your ok

trbaldridge
11-08-2007, 07:12
Ha Terry, shoot WITH.

My ortho appointment is tomorrow at 10:25, hopefully it'll be good news.

On a positive note, State Farm is taking very good care of me with regards to the Jeep. It is indeed totalled and they more than fair with their payout.

Sorry, the only time I figured I can catch you with a typo like that was after you had a concussion. It was a cheap shot, but I figured it was my only shot.

Hope you are recovering nicely and not too sore.

Are you going to get another Jeep? I just got a really good deal on a mini-van, but somehow I don't think that will interest you that much.

Do you think you will feel up for the Nov. 24th ICORE match? Hope to see you there if you do.

terry

Shooters Plus
11-09-2007, 21:53
Glad your ok and I agree with Ballyhoo.
Seems I read or heard a while back that if you have a wreck, you are 90% likely to have it within 2 miles of your home.

Good luck with everything :)

Lobo
11-11-2007, 14:51
Glad that you're not hurt any worse that you stated.

How did the roll bar hold up? Seems it came in handy.

lumberjack
11-14-2007, 16:14
Haha cheap shots still count though eh Terry?

My shoulder/neck is still sore, but it is way better than it was.

I'm thinking about a Honda Accord (maybe a Civic). I have my eye on an 04 6spd 6cyl Accord EX Coupe, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much although it is waaaay nice and has little trouble going the posted speed limit.

I think I'll be at the ICORE match. I'll have a week outta school so hopefully I'll decide on a vehicle and I shouldn't be very sore then (I hope!).

Shooters +, I have heard the same percentage, but it was 5 miles. Either way, it makes sense that it is that way.

The roll bar did deform, but it held up like a champ. You can see the worse deformation was the winshield's frame, it was "lowered" by a few inches.

haras
11-14-2007, 19:23
Hondas are great cars. You'll have to add your own roll bar though.

Hey! What happened to the smily faces?

OXCOPS
11-15-2007, 08:11
Just from those pictures, and using my superior accident investigation skills, I can tell why you had a crash.....the MS State plate. :)

Glad you are ok!!