Washington here we come [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Washington here we come

cyberphobia
11-05-2007, 02:53
After several years of living in the dread Florida we are going to move to West Washington State.
YEE HAW.
So will be in touch in this Forum

BAGUTOO
11-07-2007, 17:28
Welcome to WA. Invest in some Gortex!

PaulBk
11-09-2007, 11:19
Welcome cyberphobia -

Are you retired or on a limited income? Certain counties here in W Wash have very high tax burdens (King, Pierce, & Snohomish in that order).

Other than the taxes and traffic, it is a great place to live and raise kids. Lots of jobs, great recreational areas, etc. Me, my wife and kids have been here for 13 yrs now and we love it. After retirement (a few more years for me), we will be moving to E Wash or maybe Idaho.

-Paul

yunone
12-19-2007, 10:17
My wife and I moved here almost three years ago and are enjoying our new life in WA state. Couple things to know before moving here: you will lose your tan, but dont worry as there are tanning salons on every corner. :)

people here dont know how to drive, especially in the rain. you would think we would as the roads are wet a majority of the year, but when you get here you will see as i guarantee you that you will throw up your arms in amazement and confusion on why people on freeways brake when going around a turn. drives me nuts, causes accidents, frustrates other drivers. Also people will park their fatasses in the carpool lane doing the speed limit...WTF? speed limit in perfectly safe driving conditions?

get your WA CPL and walk out of the store the same day with a new pistol, which i believe you are used to in FLA, but its still a great feeling.

one more thing, Welcome :)

cyberphobia
12-19-2007, 14:10
Thanks to all you Nor Westers and Happy Xmas.
I just got in from mowing my lawn and weed whacking, sorry guys.
But not for much longer.
Hmm I can taste that beer in the Pike Place Market Brewery already

yunone
12-19-2007, 14:15
there is many good breweries around and in town and lots of good places to share laughs....Beer is good....:)

3/325
12-26-2007, 14:51
Hurry up and get here. We need more people on our team.

cyberphobia
12-26-2007, 15:43
We will be up there as soon as possible.
Trouble is I have gotten rid of all my Glocks and bought Sig Sauers.
Am I naughty or what?
Can I still belong to the Club.
My P229 in .40cal and P220 in .45 cal
:whistling:

cyberphobia
12-26-2007, 15:52
This is my P226 in 9mm

3/325
12-26-2007, 19:51
Of course you can still belong to the club! Glocks are a recommendation, not a requirement. :wavey:

J. Parker
01-19-2008, 21:43
Welcome to Washington State:supergrin: My wife and I "escaped" California in 1992 and never looked back. I love the Pacific Northwest:wavey:

Berto
01-22-2008, 13:36
JP's the gun pimp, you'll get to know him.:supergrin:

Glockster_James
04-07-2008, 17:21
Welcome!

Figure out specifically where in WA you'll be?

cyberphobia
04-10-2008, 23:14
Hi there, well cos the airline industry in the US is going "Pear Shaped" I am now working in Kuwait for a while, I lived in Saudi for 10 years so coming back to middle east is actually nice.
The move to Washington State is on hold for at least another year, then it's going to be "Kitsap Peninsular Here We Come"
I would like to post some photo's but the internet here so slow they will not send, good old dial up this message will take for ever to send.
:crying::crying:

Glockster_James
04-11-2008, 01:33
Now that sucks. I get upset when my computer is downloading updates and slows down my connection...dial up is a billion times worse.

Palouse
05-01-2008, 16:16
After several years of living in the dread Florida we are going to move to West Washington State.
YEE HAW.
So will be in touch in this Forum

Enjoy Western Washington. After eight years in Seattle, I can say I'm glad that I lived there, and I miss some things a lot, but now that I've got kids, I'm thankful I'm back on the dry side of the state. Great city, though.

Welcome to Washington State:supergrin: My wife and I "escaped" California in 1992 and never looked back. I love the Pacific Northwest:wavey:

Wow, Ephrata. Haven't been there in years. I was born in Grant County and grew up in Warden. Last time I was there was my 20 year high school reunion out at some golf course near MarDon that didn't exist when I graduated. Tons of memories stored up in that little pocket of the Columbia Basin.

cyberphobia
05-13-2008, 06:31
So now I'm back from a disastrous time in Kuwait glad I got paid cos I ain't never going back there!!!:steamed:
The house is for sale I'm out of a job this is going to be an interesting summer.
Vashon Island is getting further and further away.
:faint: