21sf question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 21sf question

SoCalGlocker
11-05-2007, 16:20
forgive me fellas if this question has been asked already but i havent been around in awhile. I'd like to purchase a g21sf with the pictanny rail but my guy says the 21sf is only legal in ca with the glock rail and not the pictanny rail. just wondering if this is true if so thats pretty dumb if the doj doesnt allow something cuz of the rail.. its the same weapon..thx in advance

M4inCA
11-05-2007, 18:03
forgive me fellas if this question has been asked already but i havent been around in awhile. I'd like to purchase a g21sf with the pictanny rail but my guy says the 21sf is only legal in ca with the glock rail and not the pictanny rail. just wondering if this is true if so thats pretty dumb if the doj doesnt allow something cuz of the rail.. its the same weapon..thx in advance

You're dealer is correct. The only Approved version for CA is the single sided mag release with glock rail.

The pict rail only came with the ambi release, that is why the DOJ will not approve it. In their eyes, it's a different weapon.

The only way to get one now is by private party. If you are intersted in an ambi-pict rail G21SF, PM me. I have one unfired for sale.

SoCalGlocker
11-05-2007, 18:51
pm was sent

jbroos
11-18-2007, 13:54
There are some gun shops that have the non-compliant G21SF and sell as if it's a standard. I just bought one yesterday and pick it up in 30 days.
I would check all the gun shops.