Penn VS Stevenson - Title Fight At UFC 80!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Penn VS Stevenson - Title Fight At UFC 80!!

TRMN8R
11-06-2007, 11:01
Watcha' think about that?

I'm stoked. I'm a huge B.J. Penn fan and have been impatiently awaiting his return to the cage after destroying Jenns Pulver. Not that I don't like Pulver, but damn, what an ass-whuppin'!

Even so, I've enjoyed watching Joe Daddy in every single fight he's had (since TUF2). VERY impressive. That kid has nowhere to go but up.

It's gonna' be interesting watchin' to see which of these two has the better ground game. I think the better question is, is B.J. gonna' have the minerals to last all five rounds? This is a title fight, after all. Honestly, I think the only reason he lost to Hughes the second time around is because he was so jacked up and gassed so quickly. Just couldn't recover. Joe Daddy's conditioning is so extreme I think that guy could go 10 rounds if he had to. B.J. can strike for sure, but I don't think he could knock out Stevenson. However, Stevenson has some heavy hands, so I doubt B.J.'d wanna' stand with him for very long. It's a toss-up, and as much as I want to see B.J. win, I think Stevenson will be too much for him.

Also keep in mind Gonzaga will be back to get a W in this event. Unfortunately, it'll be against the only other fighter (besides Couture) that beat him: Fabricio Werdum.

osiruscyn
11-06-2007, 11:37
I like Stevenson a lot and He's got some great talent. I'd really like to see him get this win and get the interim title.

gr81disp
11-07-2007, 22:14
B.J. can strike for sure, but I don't think he could knock out Stevenson. However, Stevenson has some heavy hands, so I doubt B.J.'d wanna' stand with him for very long. It's a toss-up, and as much as I want to see B.J. win, I think Stevenson will be too much for him.

Excuse me, would you please put the bong down, that is obviously high quality stuff you are smoking there. Penn doesn't wanna stand with Stevenson? You mean the Penn who won the standup against GSP, Pulver, Hughes, and Gomi? That Penn? The guy who went up a weight class to fight the most dominant champion this sport has ever seen and beat him in the first round with ease? Who was again laying a beating on said champion until he seperated his rib in the second round in the rematch? He is afraid to fight Joe Stevenson? Sorry, I have to think you are being sarcastic. If Stevenson wins this, I will gladly eat crow, but I think this is going to be an absolute SLAUGHTER and Stevenson will be outclassed in every aspect of this fight.

I can't wait for the Gonzaga/Werdum fight. If you haven't seen their first fight, look it up on YouTube, it is an absolute WAR and extremely entertaining.

osiruscyn
11-07-2007, 23:28
the fight i'm looking forward to the most next weekend is the Alexander and silva fight. Alexander is a good dude. I want to see him do well.