What do I need to come shoot? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to come shoot?

bimmerboy
11-06-2007, 19:53
Hey everyone,

What do I need to shoot on either Tuesday or Thursday at Bluegrass? I've got a Glock 19. Will I need a holtser and a mag pouch? If so, can you recommend some. How many rounds do we normally shoot?

Kyglock22
11-06-2007, 21:35
Hey everyone,

What do I need to shoot on either Tuesday or Thursday at Bluegrass? I've got a Glock 19. Will I need a holtser and a mag pouch? If so, can you recommend some. How many rounds do we normally shoot?

Hi there,

Yes, you will need an OWB holster and a few magazine pouches.( Don't forget eyes and ear protection.....but Bluegrass can rent those if needed) You can start out with 2 mag pouches and work "up" from there.....ending up with between 4-5. As far as name brands to look into...check out Blade-Tech, Comp-Tac, SideArmor, and the least expensive Fobus. Round count depends on the course set up on the given night you shoot. Most of the time 15-30 rounds will get you through the courses set up at Bluegrass. If you want to go through the course more than once, then I would suggest you bring more ammo..... 2 to 3 50 round boxes of FMJ practice ammo will allow you do all the shooting you will probably want in 1 night of club shooting. :)
Good luck to you, and just remember to have fun and listen to the tips, tricks, and hints the "old guys" give you.

domzilla9
11-07-2007, 05:18
- gun
- two to four mags
- holster
- mag pouches to accommodate number of mags
- fifty round box of ammo
- eye and ear protection
- $10

http://hiddenhills.home.insightbb.com/weekly.htm

Silver Creek's Monthly Outdoor USPSA Match is Sunday Nov 11 in Sellersburg IN. The range is only 14 miles from downtown Louisville. 110+ rounds, Five to Six stages for only $16

http://www.silvercreekcc.org/

Check Firearms Service Center on Bardstown Road for some good deals on Holsters. They got a discount box that had some good stuff in it last time I was there a week ago.

bimmerboy
11-07-2007, 16:55
It seems that I will only need 2 mags per round though correct?

domzilla9
11-07-2007, 19:27
It seems that I will only need 2 mags per round though correct?

It depends on your division. If you're shooting production (best for a G19) and the course of fire requires 22 rounds, you'll need three mags:i

First mag = 10+1 in chamber
Second mag = 10
Third mag = 1

You'll need more rounds in the third mag if we're shooting steel and you miss.

You can't have two many mags. Really, for a production gun like a G19 you should own at least six.

B+Shooter
11-08-2007, 09:01
Apparently, a range.

domzilla9
11-08-2007, 09:47
Hey, we might want to contact the KDPL folks and notify them that we now have an Indoor range with targets that shoot back! I am sure that they would go for it, but we'd have to require them to wear body armor.

bimmerboy
11-13-2007, 19:13
- gun
- two to four mags
- holster
- mag pouches to accommodate number of mags
- fifty round box of ammo
- eye and ear protection
- $10

http://hiddenhills.home.insightbb.com/weekly.htm

Silver Creek's Monthly Outdoor USPSA Match is Sunday Nov 11 in Sellersburg IN. The range is only 14 miles from downtown Louisville. 110+ rounds, Five to Six stages for only $16

http://www.silvercreekcc.org/

Check Firearms Service Center on Bardstown Road for some good deals on Holsters. They got a discount box that had some good stuff in it last time I was there a week ago.

Went to Firearms Service on Bardstown... they've got alot of Blackhawk and Fobus stuff on the wall. BUT, if you look in the 30% off boxes on the floor, they've got plenty of Galco (Armortek sp?) and Uncle Mike's Kydex. I walked out the door with an Uncle Mike's Kydex paddle for a G17 for $15.50. They had another UM for G26 sizes belt holster. This one would have also worked on my G34 but I liked the paddle better. The rest of the UM stuff was for SIGs. They had plenty of Galco stuff for revolvers, Glocks, SIGs, 1911's etc. Worth checking out if you need an inexpensive holster.

Now I still need to get a couple extra G17 mags and a couple of mag pouches. Anyone got any for sale?