Karma is a mutha [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Karma is a mutha

fnfalman
11-10-2007, 09:57
The woman whom I would consider giving up my wild and wooly ways for doesn't want me in the romantic sense.

The other two honeys just gave me the boots within a day of each other, for both have found greener pastures in men who are more emotionally available. Not too surprising there - same old story, different women.

Oh well, I need a break anyway. Time to focus on my other hobbies for a while.

Mrs. VR
11-11-2007, 15:11
Do you think maybe the universe is sending you a great big loud wakeup call? The fact that there IS someone that you'd settle down for makes me think that maybe all the "honey's on a string" living isn't where you want to be for the rest of your life. Obviously, I don't know you, I can't and won't make judgments on your life based on just what you've posted here but it sounds like you should use this time to be looking inward, and thinking about what you truly want for your future. I wish you the best. *hugs*

mitchshrader
11-11-2007, 15:53
the best advice i got is find a good woman and be nice to her. one of ya ought to be able to cook, too. eating out is expensive. the rest will sort itself out.

MrsKitty
11-11-2007, 16:53
Do you think maybe the universe is sending you a great big loud wakeup call? The fact that there IS someone that you'd settle down for makes me think that maybe all the "honey's on a string" living isn't where you want to be for the rest of your life. Obviously, I don't know you, I can't and won't make judgments on your life based on just what you've posted here but it sounds like you should use this time to be looking inward, and thinking about what you truly want for your future. I wish you the best. *hugs*

Not our fnfalman. He doesn't seem to want to settle down. It's just him. :)

Seriously, Sharon might just be on to something... :)

fnfalman
11-12-2007, 12:41
Not our fnfalman. He doesn't seem to want to settle down. It's just him. :)

Seriously, Sharon might just be on to something... :)

Well, it's kind of hard to want to settle down with a woman who only wants to be platonic friends. BUT it is time for me to get a bit of a break from chasing skirts.

SouthernGal
11-13-2007, 08:10
The woman whom I would consider giving up my wild and wooly ways for doesn't want me in the romantic sense.

The other two honeys just gave me the boots within a day of each other, for both have found greener pastures in men who are more emotionally available. Not too surprising there - same old story, different women.

It's been my experience in the last year or so that sometimes getting "dismissed" can be the best thing that could have ever happened.

While cleaning out a closet not long ago I found a cell phone bill of mine from July of last year. Embedded in the middle of all the calls to an old flame was a call from the current one. That bill made me reflect a lot on how sometimes what seems like a setback isn't really anything but a catalyst for future opportunities.

Funny how things change...and not always for the worst.

ATL Peach Girl
11-13-2007, 16:17
It's been my experience in the last year or so that sometimes getting "dismissed" can be the best thing that could have ever happened.

While cleaning out a closet not long ago I found a cell phone bill of mine from July of last year. Embedded in the middle of all the calls to an old flame was a call from the current one. That bill made me reflect a lot on how sometimes what seems like a setback isn't really anything but a catalyst for future opportunities.

Funny how things change...and not always for the worst.
What's the saying about doors and windows Rachel??? It's happened to me too.......and it always seems to work out for the best in the long run.

Fnfal.........I will echo what some of the others have said, maybe it is time to find a NICE girl who will want to settle down instead of the tarts you have been dating. I have a saying that most guys (and girls for that matter) are just into conquests in their 20's and then things start to level out and people start thinking about something a little more meaningful and lasting in their late 20's and into their 30's. By their 40's people are generally married or have been married and the conquests just get old.

I recently went out with a guy a few times I have known for a few years from online, and I am really disappointed in the fact that he just wants to bed me..........I am NOT about that anymore. He's in his 40's and I am in my 40's too. I want something more meaningful than a roll in the hay and 30 minutes of pleasure. I have done all that.......and it is time for something more lasting, more permanent.

SouthernGal
11-14-2007, 07:48
What's the saying about doors and windows Rachel??? It's happened to me too.......and it always seems to work out for the best in the long run.

Fnfal.........I will echo what some of the others have said, maybe it is time to find a NICE girl who will want to settle down instead of the tarts you have been dating. I have a saying that most guys (and girls for that matter) are just into conquests in their 20's and then things start to level out and people start thinking about something a little more meaningful and lasting in their late 20's and into their 30's. By their 40's people are generally married or have been married and the conquests just get old.

I recently went out with a guy a few times I have known for a few years from online, and I am really disappointed in the fact that he just wants to bed me..........I am NOT about that anymore. He's in his 40's and I am in my 40's too. I want something more meaningful than a roll in the hay and 30 minutes of pleasure. I have done all that.......and it is time for something more lasting, more permanent.

+1

There's a lot to be said of maturity and experience and for two people who want the SAME things. You mess around long enough with people who don't meet your long-term needs and the first thing you know, you're pushing 40 and the dating pool you once knew is now the size of a mudpuddle. Women are looking for emotionally available men, so maybe what she told you is dead on. She might not have time to waste on a "friends with benefits" type situation if she is looking to get married and settle down or have kids.

Two-Gun Mary
11-14-2007, 19:06
"Women are looking for emotionally available men"

...and vice-versus. Not all men are just looking for a quick trip to bed. I know some women who are the kind of bed-hoppers men are stereotyped to be. I wouldn't touch any one on them with a ten foot pole.

fnfalman
11-15-2007, 15:35
Well, it's been nearly a week and I haven't "busted the move" on any babe. We'll see long how it lasts - knowing myself all too wel, I'd give it a month at most.

But I did have a friendly date with my dream girl. Just an innocent, friendly late night snack. We chatted about the weather, hobbies, etc. It was nice. I wish that I could have taken her in my arms and shower her with caresses and kisses, but just to be able to chat with her was plenty nice enough. I know where she stands and which line not to cross. She knows how I feel about her and how I would not cross the line. It was a pleasant evening spent without pretensions and fibs. And who knows, hope springs eternal and one of these days she may change her mind about romance. If not then we will always have our friendship.