Johnny Sack's spaghetti recipe [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Sack's spaghetti recipe

The Pontificator
11-11-2007, 07:38
Vince Curatola's recipe for spaghetti marinara as shown on Rachael Ray's "Sopranos Sauce-off" between curatola and Steven "Bobby Bacala" Schirripa (Curatola's recipe won).

Gotta find me a bottle of Marsala... :)

The Pontificator
11-16-2007, 19:34
enjoying a plate now. AWESOME. Just AWESOME. :) :) :)

MrsKitty
11-16-2007, 22:06
MMmm. Spaghetti. I could live off of it.

The Pontificator
11-17-2007, 08:46
MMmm. Spaghetti. I could live off of it.

I could too, but it'd kill me. I have T2 diabetes so my pasta consumption is a fraction of what it used to be.

That being said, Vince Curatola's recipe is very good. It's also extremely rich and "dark" tasting due to all those 'chovies and Marsala. Definitely winter fare.

MrsKitty
11-17-2007, 14:36
I love pasta. Actually, your basil and olive oil cubes reminded me of my pesto so I had some last night. :) But I am just as happy eating tomato-based sauces without pasta.

Sauce with eggplant, chicken, and so on. Hell, I confess. I can eat sauce out of a bowl with a spoon.

Have you tried spaghetti squash? I really like it but nobody else here does so it isn't very feasible for me.

The Pontificator
11-17-2007, 15:05
Yes, I've tried spaghetti squash. Good with pesto. and lots of grated Parm.

sweetatergal
11-20-2007, 10:01
Now you got me hungry for spaghetti! I usually make mine and put lots of veggies in it as I have an 8 and 5 yr old. One way to get them to eat their veggies.....HIDE them in things they LIKE!!!!!

I'm going to have to try that recipe. :)

The Pontificator
11-21-2007, 18:31
I went to no less than four "ABC stores" and could not find Marsala. I read that an acceptable substitute is a 50/50 mix of sherry and sweet vermouth. I thought that just using dry sherry was pretty good.

Nicky D
11-22-2007, 19:19
Have you tried spaghetti squash? I really like it but nobody else here does so it isn't very feasible for me.

My wife makes a really good spaghetti squash with squash right form the garden, you can't beat it.

Mild Bill
11-27-2007, 21:57
Yesterday I killed with those Armour frozen Italian meatballs...

I tossed them into sautéed onions, garlic, spaghetti sauce, and some good olive oil and Asiago at the end...

A big 'quick' pile of decadent meatballs!
I'm happy to have this Johnny Sack's sauce recipe with your strong recommendation...

Good red sauce Italian is way up there near the top of thee uh-------- list...

---- I can't believe three ABCs didn't have Florio's Marsala or their Sweet Marsala... ???