Japaneese Food (Resturants) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Japaneese Food (Resturants)

akapennypincher
11-11-2007, 11:23
Any recomendation in Phoenix Metro Area?

Cochise
11-11-2007, 11:40
RA in Scottsdale

akapennypincher
11-11-2007, 15:59
RA in Scottsdale

How about the West Side of Town?

Animal Mother
11-12-2007, 09:12
Are you looking for sushi or Japanese food in general? I'm more familiar with the East Valley, where Toh Zan Nagasaki Grill on Southern and Dobson is a great place for non-sushi Japanese dishes and Taneko tavern in Scottsdale does a sort of izakaya/American thing, it's owned by the same group that owns P.F. Chang's. Sea Saw is probably the best sushi in the valley, although both Sushi Eye in Tempe and Sushi Ken in Ahwatukee are close and with many fewer hipster doofuses.

On the west side, Hana Sushi on 7th Ave. and Missouri is pretty good, Akaihana on Northern and something just off the I-17 has been around forever and has always been at least above average (it used to be named Mr. Sushi), I've heard positive reviews of Tokyo Lobby which is on 59th avenue, but I've never been there.

viscid240
11-25-2007, 05:17
How far west? There's one on 19th ave & Thunderbird, Golden Panda. Great c/s and very fresh tasting food. It has became my number 1 Chinese place for 2 years now.

blueiron
11-26-2007, 02:45
Look up Ah-So. There is one on 83 Avenue, south of Bell Road.

jenn2112
11-28-2007, 17:06
All sushi I've had - coming from a NY'er to the desert. Sorry, guys RA sucks...no quality food at a high price

Sushi and some Asian cuisine recommendations:

Sapporo and Sting Ray in Scottsdale are great but get crowded quickly. Sakana has 3 or 4 valley locations (great food), Shimogamo in Chandler is the best (and most expensive) I've had so far. Ninja in Chandler is great for an all you can eat sushi. Kona grill in the Chandler mall is a bit expensive but it has a variety of cuisine and decent sushi.

I have yet to find a good Chinese restaurant, closest I've come to is Red Dragon in Chandler. The China King Buffet is great for traditional dim sum though.

PM me if you want more suggestions from a finicky ex-NY'er :)