Suggestions for Target Ammunition... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Target Ammunition...

volsbear
11-12-2007, 11:43
Today I purchased a brand new .45 semi-automatic pistol. This is my first .45 and it marks my return to the sport after a several year hiatus. I was wondering if anyone would clue me in as to a good ammunition, strictly for target-shooting purposes, as well as suggestions on where to buy. I am in the southwest suburbs of Chicago.

Thanks in advance.

Thiokol
11-12-2007, 21:19
volsbear,

Unless you bought a Gold Cup or an equivalent, the 1911 series pistols are considered more as defensive pistols rather than as target pistols. If you're speaking about ammo for range use, Winchester Value Packs are probably the most economical.

I'm in Orland Park and would suggest that you try the new Bass Pro Shop in Bolingbrook or the New Cabela's on I-80 & Indianapolis Blvd. in Hammond. I'm heading over to Cabela's on Wednesday or Thursday. If you want me to check on prices, just let me know.

Jim

volsbear
11-12-2007, 21:23
I'll definitely check out Bass Pro. In fact I think I'll be up that way tomorrow. Sure, check out Cabelas as well. There's one in Hoffman Estates but I rarely get up that way.

And yes, you are correct. I was referring to ammo for range use. Gander Mountain had the Winchester Value Packs but they seemed really pricey to me...about $90 for 250 rounds.

Anybody know anything about Wolf ammunition? http://www.wolfammo.com/bs_pistol_45auto.htm

BTW, I'm just down the road from you...Joliet.

Thiokol
11-16-2007, 13:59
I was at the new Cabela's today. The WWB 100 round value packs were $30.99. All you need is proof of age to purchase.

kippjones
11-27-2007, 22:39
I would go with aluminum case CCI Blazer .45 ammo. It is cheap, accurate and reliable. I have had no issues with 1k+ rounds....

MakeMineA10mm
12-01-2007, 00:25
Also, keep in mind that there's mail order. You have to pay shipping, but no tax, if you buy out-of-state. Several good places to look on the internet, including AMMOMAN.com and GeorgiaArms.com

Lastly, do any Wal-Marts up there by Chicago sell ammo anymore? If so, they have good deals, generally. I saw some sales at Farm & Fleet and Farm King too. Not sure if you have any close to the suburbs up there or not.

Preußen
12-21-2007, 15:00
Check out Rinks in Lockport for decent ammo deals, or order online

no more wally-marts selling guns n ammo in cook county that i'm aware of

Glock20-10
12-24-2007, 09:51
I am pretty sure you will not beat Dick's. I forget .45 but 9mm was like $6.98/50 rds. when you buy a case (10 boxes). Remington UMC, and they always put it on sale.