would you believe that I've just bought a Harley? Street Rod to be exact [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : would you believe that I've just bought a Harley? Street Rod to be exact

fnfalman
11-12-2007, 12:45
Okay, okay, technically I co-signed for a Street Rod but realistically it was just pencil-whipping so that my protege can get the Street Rod financed at a decent interest rate. I guess I can't fire his ass now or else I'd be really owning a Harley and that would definitely cramp my style. Hehe.

Anyhewww, he's not brand new to the sport but it is his very first and brand new bike that he bought all on his own in the same color that he wants and the model that he wants. Just look at the kid's face. That said it all. 'Tis brought joy to my jaded heart.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/BhanuStreetRod2.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/fnfalman/BhanuStreetRod3.jpg

MCPreacher
11-12-2007, 12:49
*cough**cough* Not-a-real-Harley*cough**cough*

You must be really close to your protege, no way I would sign for someone else and I know those things ain't cheap.

fnfalman
11-12-2007, 14:21
*cough**cough* Not-a-real-Harley*cough**cough*

You must be really close to your protege, no way I would sign for someone else and I know those things ain't cheap.

Thank God it's not a "real" Harley. This thing actually has an engine that makes more horepower than a 50-cc moped.

MCPreacher
11-12-2007, 14:29
Thank God it's not a "real" Harley. This thing actually has an engine that makes more horepower than a 50-cc moped.

If you are looking for high horsepower, you wouldn't be shopping for a Harley in the first place, now would you?

As for the VRod, I won't knock the bike, but I do think it should have been a spin-off and sold under another brand (like the Buell bikes are now) and not just labeled another Harley.

fnfalman
11-12-2007, 14:53
As for the VRod, I won't knock the bike, but I do think it should have been a spin-off and sold under another brand (like the Buell bikes are now) and not just labeled another Harley.

I fully concur. I would even go as fast as having other dealers sell them and not at a Harley dealership.

fireslayer23
11-12-2007, 22:28
A Norwegian friend of mine is coming over here for vacation in a couple of weeks and has rented a V-Rod for a week, I'm curious as to what it'll do.

Anvil
11-14-2007, 00:05
That bike is absolutely magnificent! I'm too big to be comfortable in that rider posture but that bike is .... man jewelry.

2cats
11-14-2007, 18:50
I hope you guys make it to White Castle.

g29andy
11-14-2007, 20:08
I hope you guys make it to White Castle.

That there is funny, I don't care who you are!

2cats
11-14-2007, 21:18
Is that an oil stain under the bike?

MCPreacher
11-15-2007, 03:57
Is that an oil stain under the bike?

No, I already said it wasn't a real Harley. That's a coolant leak from the Korean made radiator. :-P

fnfalman
11-15-2007, 07:50
No, I already said it wasn't a real Harley. That's a coolant leak from the Korean made radiator. :-P

Actually it's oil leakage from the Jap forks.

MCPreacher
11-15-2007, 14:21
Actually it's oil leakage from the Jap forks.

Please... those forks only hold 11.4oz per side. There is a LOT more fluid on the ground than that!

I know, I know!

The new owner tried to fill the "gas tank" and that is what didn't get soaked up by the air filter!

fnfalman
11-15-2007, 15:37
Please... those forks only hold 11.4oz per side. There is a LOT more fluid on the ground than that!

I know, I know!

The new owner tried to fill the "gas tank" and that is what didn't get soaked up by the air filter!

It was water from the sprinkler if you must really know.

MCPreacher
11-15-2007, 16:15
It was water from the sprinkler if you must really know.

Sure it was....

We are just messing around, honest.

2cats
11-15-2007, 20:42
I'm serious. I really hope they get to White Castle.

fnfalman
11-17-2007, 21:39
I'm serious. I really hope they get to White Castle.

No White Castle in SoCal but we did get to In-N-Out Burgers.

fnfalman
11-17-2007, 21:40
Sure it was....

We are just messing around, honest.

Hell, it's a Harley, real or not, so the damn thing is leaking like a sieve everywhere.

Ralphumor
11-20-2007, 08:19
No White Castle in SoCal but we did get to In-N-Out Burgers.

Saddle up go to In-N-Out Burgers and then hit the hwy and go somewhere to get some Slyders....Crystal is not a real substitute, so you must find a St with "White Castle!" Nice looking machine. I was being nice and thought he washed his new bike. I like the fill up explanation though.

Laszlo
11-22-2007, 09:43
Congrats to you and your friend!
Any kind of motorcyle shopping is fun for me. Even if it`s not for me.