Self Defense Lawyers in NV [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Self Defense Lawyers in NV

crazypilot
11-13-2007, 01:31
Can some of you post good Self Defense Lawyers information in NV. Name and contact info would be great. See if we can't make it a sticky.

SinCityGlocker
11-14-2007, 19:29
I have been wondering about this same thing. I have long trhought that it would be very wise to pay the 2 hours of billing to meet with a lawyer and explain my situation. Then if I were ever forced to defend myself I would already have a lawyer with experience in the field and a knowledge of me. This is an excellent post as I am sure that you and I cannot be the only ones to have had this subject cross our minds. I second the sticky. The furthest I ever got with ths idea was the yellow pages under "lawyers". The main categories are taxes, divorce, wills, dui, and personal injury. If there are self defensse lawyers (I refuse to hire a criminal defense lawyer as I am not a criminal) they aren't bragging about it.

crazypilot
11-14-2007, 19:52
I sent emails to two law firms and the only responses I got from them were "please come in for a free consultation". They were also criminal lawyers. I'm hoping some people know of good lawyers around here and post their info as I haven't been able to find one yet. Someone has to have a lawyer in Las Vegas or in the state of NV.

osiruscyn
11-14-2007, 19:56
i work in the court system in Las Vegas. If I were to get into trouble, the lawyers That i would pick from are:

Gabriel Grasso
Bill Terry
John Momot
Steve Stein
Bill Skupa - Former DA
Dominic Gentile
David Chesnoff
Cal Potter
Marty Keach

And although he works for the public Defender's office and isn't available for hire, Ed Kane is an extremely talented attorney who used to be a DA.

That's in no particular order. They are all extremely experienced and very well respected. They are quite expensive though. Gentile I know for a fact defended a self defense case and won an acquittal.

I would stay the hell away from Bucky Buchanan and Pete Flangas. there are a few others but i won't name them unless people ask.

crazypilot
11-14-2007, 19:59
i work in the court system in Las Vegas. If I were to get into trouble, the lawyers That i would pick from are:

Gabriel Grasso
Bill Terry
John Momot
Steve Stein
Bill Skupa - Former DA
Dominic Gentile
David Chesnoff
Cal Potter
Marty Keach

And although he works for the public Defender's office and isn't available for hire, Ed Kane is an extremely talented attorney who used to be a DA.

That's in no particular order. They are all extremely experienced and very well respected. They are quite expensive though. Gentile I know for a fact defended a self defense case and won an acquittal.

I would stay the hell away from Bucky Buchanan and Pete Flangas. there are a few others but i won't name them unless people ask.

There we go, that's what we're looking for. Thank You. Name the ones to stay away from. I wouldn't want an inexperienced lawyer.

osiruscyn
11-14-2007, 20:08
to stay away from

Bucky Buchannan
Pete Flangas
Robert Langford
Conrad Claus
Baker Law Offices

They are all very annoying and more concerned with how they look and their image rather than their clients. The don't do their clients any favors and many judges are not fond of them.

There are a few others, i'll have to find out their names.

You aren't really going to find any attorney who specializes in "self-defense". There isn't enough money in it for them to specialize it. A criminal Defense attorney is as good as you are going to get. The first list i posted are all very well versed and skilled. They have tried major cases and know their stuff since, for the most part, criminal law is all they practice, which self-defense falls under.

I also updated the first list with a few more names.

osiruscyn
11-14-2007, 20:10
Also, if you can wait till tomorrow, I can get their addresses, phone numbers, and law firm names, if applicable.

Gentile just merged with another law firm so I may not have that one readily available.

osiruscyn
11-15-2007, 10:58
Gabriel Grasso
300 S. Fourth St. #700
868-8866

William "Bill" Terry
530 S. Seventh St.
385-0799

John Momot
Momot Law Offices
520 S. Fourth St. # 300
385-7170

Stephen Stein
520 s. Fourth St.
384-5563

William Skupa
600 S. seventh St.
385-2558

Dominic Gentile
Gordon & S Ltd.
3960 H. Hughes Pkwy 9th Flr
796-5555
(I think this may be the new firm he's with)

David Chesnoff
520 S. Fourth St.
384-5563

Cal Potter
Potter Law Offices
1125 Shadow Ln
385-1954

Eckley "Marty" Keach
520 S. Fourth St.
384-5563
(he is primarily civil/personal injury. He was my wifes attorney when she was hit by a cab. He's very good. )

Here are a few others that are former DA's that are really very good

James Hartsell - used to be one of the deputy chief DA's of the DUI team
720 S. Fourth St. #100
384-3132

Gary Booker - Used to be THE head of the DUI team for the DA's office
711 S. Fourth St. #101
384-7450

Frank Cremen
715 S. Fourth St.
385-7475

osiruscyn
11-15-2007, 11:13
Some more to stay away from

Louis Palazzo
Joseph Caramagno - showed up to court drunk once and has had other problems
James Kelly
Greg Denue
Dean Kajoika

SinCityGlocker
11-24-2007, 23:53
This needs a sticky if any mods drop in.

osiruscyn
12-06-2007, 14:17
another one i forgot about completely. He was the District Attorney for some time and was also a district court judge for a length of time.

Rex Bell
625 S. Eighth
387-6156

crazypilot
12-27-2007, 01:21
This needs a sticky if any mods drop in.

I PM'd Eric to see if he could make this a sticky. Still waiting on a response.

osiruscyn
12-27-2007, 13:18
Another one that is good.

Steve Wolfson
Wolfson chtd.
601 S. Seventh st.
385-7227

and another one to stay away from:

Paul Wommer

Ribbler
01-04-2008, 12:54
I can second the opinion on Dominic Gentile. I worked on a criminal case (white collar) with him a number of years ago and he knew his stuff. He's a very interesting character and a great lawyer.

crazypilot
01-04-2008, 13:12
osiruscyn,
Thanks for all the info so far.

EddieMossberg
02-13-2008, 10:59
Great idea for a thread, thank you.

osiruscyn
03-20-2008, 10:58
A few others that i just recently ran across that i forgot about to stay away from

John Watkins
Glen Lerner (he's primarily personal injury but just recently dabbled in criminal and bombed horribly [didn't show up for the first day of a murder trial where he was the lead defense attorney. He called and left a message for the judge saying he was on "sabatical" and wouldn't be back in town for a month.])

Sweatnbullets
07-07-2008, 20:06

Gabriel Grasso
Bill Terry
John Momot
Steve Stein
Bill Skupa - Former DA
Dominic Gentile
David Chesnoff
Cal Potter
Marty Keach

On this list, is there anyone that has been used to defend officer involved shootings? I figure that they are the ones with the most experience and practical knowledge.

osiruscyn
07-15-2008, 16:15
are you talking about defending the officers when they kill someone? If so, there isn't any attorney that represents them. They go through a coroner's inquest. Basically a DA, presents the case to a jury, and questions the witnesses, officers involved etc. The hearing master presides over the hearing and presents questions that the victim's family has. Then a jury determines if the shooting was justified, excusable, or criminal.

As i said in another post. Dominic Gentile has defended a self defense shooting and won an acquital. It wasn't a clear cut and dry case either that could have really gone either way but did his job and won an acquittal.

digitspaw
08-17-2008, 11:09
Another one that is good.

Steve Wolfson
Wolfson chtd.
601 S. Seventh st.
385-7227

and another one to stay away from:

Paul Wommer

I used to work on Steve Wolfson's phone system when he was in Del Mar (San Diego) CA. He's a good guy and very talented. I was hoping his name would come up on this list. He is well known in the San Diego area as a highly competent defense attorney.

Paw:wavey:

digitspaw
08-17-2008, 11:11
A few others that i just recently ran across that i forgot about to stay away from

John Watkins
Glen Lerner (he's primarily personal injury but just recently dabbled in criminal and bombed horribly [didn't show up for the first day of a murder trial where he was the lead defense attorney. He called and left a message for the judge saying he was on "sabatical" and wouldn't be back in town for a month.])

Second the motion on Glen Lerner the Heavy Hitter.:upeyes:
Two words:

AMBULANCE CHASER.

just a shooter
08-13-2009, 22:28
Anyone know of some good Attorneys in the Reno area?

gyfgyf
11-24-2009, 11:08
Conrad Clauss is the only lawyer who specializing in self defense shootings and gun cases. Office number is 702-384-4927

Thanks,

Gyfgyf

osiruscyn
11-24-2009, 22:23
and if you go with conrad, you are not doing yourself any favors. He's a joke. His attitude got him out of the DA's office and his scumbag, pretentious, personality is why he works so closely with bonds companies doing some shady things that the bar would definitely frown upon. Also, he likes to stand outside the courthouse, smoking his big cigars and hand out his business card.

nevfuzz
03-31-2010, 21:40
Glen Lerner even appears to be a shyster on his commercials!!

just a shooter
04-27-2010, 06:40
second call for any Reno atty's.:supergrin:

malleable
11-01-2010, 11:30
tagged

dessert skipper
05-24-2012, 11:15
second call for any Reno atty's.:supergrin:

I am here on the wide-open north end too.

No info for Reno particulary, but the DA in
Churchill County, Fallon is a shooter, instructor for
CCW classes, an allaround gun guy.

If you NEED
help now I would
recommend his input.

Dessert Skipper