Vouchers and the Vote [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Vouchers and the Vote

tyger006
11-15-2007, 20:19
Makes me sad that the public voted this prop down this time... Seems sad that people would care more about money and where it is going than the right for parents to choose where their kids and tax money will go to. Just my opinion, I think we screwed this one up bad. -Tyger006

Steve Koski
11-15-2007, 22:22
I wish I cared more.

wack86
11-16-2007, 13:54
I am hesitant to respond because I donít want to start a big political discussion but I will have to respectfully disagree with you.

We are part of a wonderful country that allows us all sorts of rights (gun ownership for one) but in return we also have responsibilities. Our public education system is a responsibility that we all bear the tax burden for. If the public education system is broke, letís fix it.

Fun analogies: If I didnít care for my townís police services, I choose to opt out and redirect the tax money to a private security firm. Or better yet, I donít want to be serviced by my townís fire department and choose to take the tax money and invest in my own fire truck.

Public services are not ala-carte. While it may be nice to think they are; we are all part of a greater society and we must share in the expense of maintaining it.

Just my two bits.

reerc
11-16-2007, 20:54
I wish I cared more.

Well, why the hell don't you?!

:)

Steve Koski
11-16-2007, 21:07
For the same reason I don't own a four wheeler.

reerc
11-20-2007, 12:28
For the same reason I don't own a four wheeler.

You DON'T?!

Run this man outta Utahr!