Anyone in Greenville area? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Greenville area?

Reissman
11-18-2007, 10:06
Looking for anyne who lives in the Greenville/ Spartanburg area that would be willing to answer a few questions for me. I live in Michigan now and we are trying to sell our house and move back to S.C. We used to live in Charleston and liked it but now we are older and are more drawn the mountains.

From what I understand that area is on the grow economically are you seeing this? It seems houses are fairly inexpensive compared to MI. I have been looking in the Greer/ Taylor area, is this a good are to live? ANy comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Reissman

ShotgunWayne
11-20-2007, 09:52
I have lived in Taylors for the pass 20 years. This is the best area in Greater Greenville IMHO. Send me e-mail I will be happy to tell you all about it.

FLM
11-21-2007, 18:53
I think you'll like Greenville. It has a strong economy and a great downtown. Taylors/Greer is a good place to live. You should be able to get a nice house for less than in Michigan. It's amazing to me how many people we have here from Michigan and Ohio. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Reissman
11-22-2007, 16:54
Thanks for the replys. How is the traffic? I want to be able to jump on the highway (I-85) fairly easy but still be slightly rural. Do you know of a place that is on the edge of town but not way out. RIght now we live way out in the country and its about 20 min to get milk after 6pm. I would like to be near some civilization.

I do HVAC controls and my area would be the northern half of SC, so I spend quite a bit of time on the road. How long does it take to get to Atlanta, Columbia and Charlotte?

Does anyone know a good realtor? I'm having a hard time getting them to email me back. I've told them I'm not mving till sping so maybe they get alot of those type of calls.

FLM
11-22-2007, 20:45
if you live in Greer, you're about an hour and a half from Charlotte, 2 and a half hours from Atlanta, and 2 hours from Columbia. Greer is pretty close to
I-85. It's a straight shot to exit 56.

81jasonG23
12-07-2007, 01:09
Thanks for the replys. How is the traffic? I want to be able to jump on the highway (I-85) fairly easy but still be slightly rural. Do you know of a place that is on the edge of town but not way out. RIght now we live way out in the country and its about 20 min to get milk after 6pm. I would like to be near some civilization.

I do HVAC controls and my area would be the northern half of SC, so I spend quite a bit of time on the road. How long does it take to get to Atlanta, Columbia and Charlotte?

Does anyone know a good realtor? I'm having a hard time getting them to email me back. I've told them I'm not mving till sping so maybe they get alot of those type of calls.

I live in Greer/blue ridge area. I am about 10 minutes from I85. Traffic can get bad. Greenville/Greer is a quickly growing area. There is a lot to do and the downtown areas cater to family and are very popular and quite safe I might ad. A lot of people are coming this direction. Compared to other large areas I don't think it's that bad. I have lived here for 15 years and my wife was raised here.

Driving times - Charlotte 1.5 hours , ATL 2-2.5 hours, columbia 1.5-2 hours. All that depends on your driving habits.

rebbryan
12-13-2007, 04:47
There's a lot of housing popping up in Boiling Springs area, I-85 runs right into it, and I-26 is about 2 minutes away. Some nice housing areas, tons of places to eat. I live about 15 mins away from there, went to school there.

SC Gun
01-05-2008, 15:02
We moved from Dayton, Ohio to Greenville in 2000. I love it here and hope to never go back except for visits. Have not missed the cold north at all.

Greenville, Taylors, Travelers Rest all good places. Good location for mountains and getting to beaches.

Never had good bbq until I got here. Not all the bbq is mustard based which makes me happy.

Downtown Greenville is a great place. In the Summer there are always events on the weekends. We couldn't believe people actually went downtown and walked the streets at night.

CWP is fairly easy to get. Several gun shops around plus we hear rumors of a possible Bass Pro SHop coming to Greer area.

We actually came here because of the private christian schools. There is a very good selection of christian schools and good churches as well as a
christian university which we are connected with.

Golf is a big item for many (but not I).

RE taxes are low and retirement age people get good breaks on re taxes and state income taxes. Sales tax is 6%.
The bad part is personal property taxes on vehicles and the city,county,state is very bad at keeping the roads in good shape.