No shoot this next Thursady ( Thanksgiving). [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : No shoot this next Thursady ( Thanksgiving).

Berretta9
11-18-2007, 11:10
Eat you turkey and watch football. We'll start back the following Thursday. In the mean time I'll have a few hundred score sheets and 50 or so sign up sheets printed. Thanks John for the reminder.
For the next shoot I'd like to do a shoot where we see how fast we can draw and get two shoots off, record that time and finish the string. I saw on a shooting show this week that you should be able to draw and shoot in under 2
seconds. I wonder how many of us can do that and get a good hit. If practical shooting is supposed to be just that, practical, it would be a good thing to work on. Thoughts ??

45gunner
11-18-2007, 14:02
Eat you turkey and watch football. We'll start back the following Thursday. In the mean time I'll have a few hundred score sheets and 50 or so sign up sheets printed. Thanks John for the reminder.
For the next shoot I'd like to do a shoot where we see how fast we can draw and get two shoots off, record that time and finish the string. I saw on a shooting show this week that you should be able to draw and shoot in under 2
seconds. I wonder how many of us can do that and get a good hit. If practical shooting is supposed to be just that, practical, it would be a good thing to work on. Thoughts ??

I have done this using a stage called the Bill Drill. Stand 7 yrds from a target and see how fast you can draw and put 6 shots in the A zone. Anything outside of the A zone does not count.

glockguy609
11-19-2007, 10:26
Yeah my hands are gonna be all slippery from eating some deep fried turkey, I'd probably drop my gun. Besides if all goes to plan I should be in a nice "Food Coma" by that time of the eve. Man I love turkey day!!!
And if you see a mushroom cloud over Clarksville, don't worry, it just means everyone realy enjoyed my signature "Deviled Eggs".

Berretta9
11-20-2007, 07:28
Yeah my hands are gonna be all slippery from eating some deep fried turkey, I'd probably drop my gun. Besides if all goes to plan I should be in a nice "Food Coma" by that time of the eve. Man I love turkey day!!!
And if you see a mushroom cloud over Clarksville, don't worry, it just means everyone realy enjoyed my signature "Deviled Eggs".

What are you putting in those eggs that cause a post digestive mushroom cloud. I like a good deviled egg but never had one that caused that to happen.

Crazy4nitro
11-21-2007, 05:32
Sounds Like a Great Idea...................The Eggs..

Oh Yeah,..Shooting idea sounds good too..I'm Game for the 2 shots or 6
If anyone wants some action,I'd be willing to shoot a revolver.

'Nitro

TreehugginGlock
11-25-2007, 16:55
I'd love to join you on this coming Thursday, but have to go out of town for business.

Bill Drills sound like something that would be very good to work on. I would like to have some of our gatherings be skill building drills instead of just quick matches. Perhaps we can make the skill building a regular, at least once a month, thing. What do you guys think? Plinking is fun, but can reinforce bad habits instead of improve our shooting skills.

45gunner
11-26-2007, 04:56
I'd love to join you on this coming Thursday, but have to go out of town for business.

Bill Drills sound like something that would be very good to work on. I would like to have some of our gatherings be skill building drills instead of just quick matches. Perhaps we can make the skill building a regular, at least once a month, thing. What do you guys think? Plinking is fun, but can reinforce bad habits instead of improve our shooting skills.
I have to agree with Leigh Ann. That does not sound like much of a match.

Berretta9
11-27-2007, 06:49
Read it again John. She's saying she does like it. I think it is a good skill building drill as well. It is also a speed thing though. Either way I thing it should be at least the first string and then move on to a few steel and paper.

45gunner
11-27-2007, 17:59
Read it again John. She's saying she does like it. I think it is a good skill building drill as well. It is also a speed thing though. Either way I thing it should be at least the first string and then move on to a few steel and paper.

I'm going to be out of town on Thursday.

Setup whatever you like.