Breakfast [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast

DannyB
11-18-2007, 19:58
I would have never dreamed that one of my first few posts on any gun forum would be a recipe, but here goes:

Don't laugh until you try it---Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwiches for breakfast.

We have these MOST weekday mornings. They are faster than most other cooked breakfast meals, (I make the sandwiches the night before and have them wrapped in Saran in the Frig.)

As far as healthy, I use whole wheat bread, natural peanut butter a lot of the time, Jiff otherwise, and one of the heart healthy butter substitutes, such as Smart Balance Light.

I like sugar free syrup on mine. My son has sugar free Hershey's chocolate syrup on his.

MrsKitty
11-18-2007, 20:43
How interesting. I remember doing toasted pb&j when babysitting once. I didn't try it.

I absolutely adore peanut butter and I love grilled cheese. I am going to have to try this.

sweetatergal
11-20-2007, 09:56
Don't laugh until you try it---Grilled Peanut Butter Sandwiches for breakfast.

All this is missing is the banana's and you would have Elvis' favorite sandwich.

My mom would make toasted PB and marshmellow for me:

Spread PB on bread of your choice while letting the marshmellows soak in milk. Add soaked marshmellows on top of PB and toast in the oven (350) until marshmellows are just melted. (these were open faced, but you could make another slice of toast and make a sandwich outta it)

:)