Where to Hunt around Hampton Roads, VA? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to Hunt around Hampton Roads, VA?

jmt_usa
05-07-2002, 07:25
Does anyone know anyone that knows anybody with land available for hunting?

Iím seeking something in the 757 area and planning on bow, muzzleloader and rifle/shotgun hunting this year for various game.

As you can see I'm flexible and can meet most anyone's conditions.

;a

05-07-2002, 08:51
I just left VA after a little over 3 yrs there. We always hunted Amelia (up near Richmond) and Chickahominy. The only thing with Chickahominy when I hunted there, was that you could only take Bucks...Does were off limits. At Amelia there are certain times of the year that you can take a doe. Here is the Dept. of Game and Inland Fisheries website hunting link. Hope it helps...

http://www.dgif.state.va.us/hunting/index.cfm

jmt_usa
05-11-2002, 04:21
glocker24,

Thanks for the information.

If I don't find anyone who'll let me use their land I suppose I'll be headed that way.

Prayerfully, however, I'll find something closer to home.

;a

05-11-2002, 09:18
Yeah, it kinda bites having to drive that far to hunt. But beggars can't be choosers. We tried to find land, but couldn't. We used to drive around alot and if you follow Foxhill it turns into a dirt road, we saw big deer and turkeys down that way. Maybe you could find somebody who will let you take a couple...it is a long shot, but maybe you will get lucky. Good luck. Matter of fact, my buddy is still there. I will call him and find out if has heard of anywhere closer to you than the ones I told you about before.

IPSC-1
05-31-2002, 03:03
Shoot me an email off board. Smithfield has a couple nice spots, shotgun only...really secluded and lots of sign.

jmt_usa
08-04-2003, 20:57
DWavs rules!

;c ;c ;c

DWavs
08-04-2003, 23:16
Originally posted by jmt_usa
DWavs rules!

;c ;c ;c

Heck, I'll even put ya up for the night. Pull up Mapquest and see how far you are from Winchester.