Battlefield 2142 new patch out [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2142 new patch out

Tvov
11-20-2007, 19:50
A head's up and a warning about the new patch that is out for Battlefield2142 --

A new patch is out for Battlefield2142, patch 1.4! Now that you know that, the bad news...

There are multiple versions of the new patch for BF2142! Yep, that's right. It is a crap shoot to figure out which version will work on your computer. Also, you may very well have to completely (everything you can find) remove the game from your computer, and then re-install it. Then load the patch that you have gambled on that might work on your computer. Then see if it works. If it doesn't, you may have to do everything all over again.

I finally got the Beta3 version of the 1.4 patch to work on my computer. The third patch version that I had downloaded. And this was after un- and then re- installing the game. And, and, and... the game will still crash to desktop when I try to join a server. I have to join servers going through Xfire. Explain that to me!!

I am still fooling around with everything, hopefully I can figure this out so I can join servers "normally" through the game itself.

The sheer boondoggleness of this patch is mind boggling.

And on top of everything, I don't really like BF2142!