Gun Show in Lexington, KY this weekend [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show in Lexington, KY this weekend

glockguy609
11-21-2007, 15:13
http://www.lexingtoncenter.com/events/index.php

Fri, Sat and Sun

Just in case ya need to walk off some turkey and stuffing.

Bren
11-21-2007, 20:16
I'm sure I will go, even knowing it's a complete waste of money.

Brian Dover
11-21-2007, 21:35
I'm sure I will go, even knowing it's a complete waste of money.

Try to think of it as a treasure hunt or quest, that's what spurs me to go to shows for no particular reason.

Razoreye
11-21-2007, 21:35
Once again Bren I agree with you. :) Dang 'em!

U1121
11-22-2007, 09:59
Yes, with gasoline hovering around $3/gallon, admission around $8, and a Hotdog and Coke for about $6, I feel a magnetic attraction pulling me toward Lexington in the quest for the elusive bargain of a lifetime.

I'll probably go on Saturday (roll eyes).

Anyone know if the show is any good on Friday? Or do most of the dealers wait and show up on Saturday?

U1121

Razoreye
11-22-2007, 15:37
I don't have time on Friday so I can't say. I'd rather eat at the food court then waste my money at that stand! IIRC, they had at least an Arbys and Subway...

COWBOYSHOOTER
11-24-2007, 10:27
I went yesterday. It wasnt bad. Perhaps a little slow. I'll be back there tomorrow morning. I've always enjoyed the gun shows and usually find something interesting to take home. never really understood why folks act like gun shows suck or something. Dont like it, dont go? I could do without all the pocket knives and nazi stuff, but it aint a big deal.

Brian Dover
11-24-2007, 10:28
I went to the show yesterday, along with three gunshops in the Southland Rd. area, and a favorite cigar shop on Nicholasville Rd.

Was looking for a Glock armorer to install some night sights for me. No "official" armorer booth at the show, but found a guy with a set of Trijicons and the proper tools. Other than that I got a decent buy on 9mm jhp ammo, then moved along down through UK towards Southland Rd. and beyond.

Best gun deal I saw was at Classic Arms & Archery, down on Southland. FN-marked Browning Hi Power in .40 S&W, new in box, $425. If I was a Kentucky resident that would have gone home with me. (Not-so-subtle hint to you Bluegrassers to go check it out! :))

Thena relaxing hour at Martin's Tobacco Shop, perhaps the greatest hole-in-the-wall store I've ever known.

Bren
11-24-2007, 19:22
Best gun deal I saw was at Classic Arms & Archery, down on Southland. FN-marked Browning Hi Power in .40 S&W, new in box, $425. If I was a Kentucky resident that would have gone home with me. (Not-so-subtle hint to you Bluegrassers to go check it out! :))

I saw a nice S&W Mod. 15 at Antique and Modern for $325 and a S&W 1911 for about $650, but nothing good at the gun show. I was slightly tempted by some AR-15 lowers, but I can't think of why I need another AR.

U1121
11-24-2007, 19:50
Yes, with gasoline hovering around $3/gallon, admission around $8, and a Hotdog and Coke for about $6, I feel a magnetic attraction pulling me toward Lexington in the quest for the elusive bargain of a lifetime.

I'll probably go on Saturday (roll eyes).

Anyone know if the show is any good on Friday? Or do most of the dealers wait and show up on Saturday?

U1121

Well, I didn't make it either day and won't get to go Sunday either. Spent from 4 AM Friday until 10 AM today in the hospital. Had to have my gall bladder removed yesterday afternoon.

All things considered, I would rather have gone to the gun show.

U1121

Kentucky_Guy
11-25-2007, 16:38
i stopped going to Kenny Woods gun shows years ago........

spending 8 bucks to look at WWII surplus that belongs in a landfill, overpriced guns you can get cheaper at local stores, and watching all the wanna-be Rambos troll the floor just doesnt appeal to me anymore.....

maybe things have changed since then, but then, maybe not

Razoreye
11-26-2007, 23:13
I was going to go but then I realized the only thing I wanted, I can drive to get and it'd cost less to drive there. Plus I had no time. Was the ammo booth there - the one that isn't all hunting ammo in old boxes and marked up to high hell? Whoever it is usually hits the two major gunshows of the year... usually have competitive prices.

Leigh
11-28-2007, 14:38
Speaking of which, does anyone recall that strange fellow who always has a booth and makes custom holsters? It is almost worth the price of admission to hear him extolling the virtues of his crudely made rigs!!! He is hilarious!

Bren
11-28-2007, 19:53
Speaking of which, does anyone recall that strange fellow who always has a booth and makes custom holsters? It is almost worth the price of admission to hear him extolling the virtues of his crudely made rigs!!! He is hilarious!
He was there. There are 2 local leather guys at the shows - one makes simple, rough-edged holsters that look like he whittled them out with a pocket knife and the other one makes absolutely top quality tooled custom stuff, mostly cowboy rigs.

Leigh
11-29-2007, 07:24
That's him, Bren and thank you pointing out the fellow who does the custom work, they are some VERY nice rigs.

This was a quote from the other "less talented" fellow:

"The difference between me and Rosen and Kramer is that I CAN guarantee my holsters 100%, they cannot."

I almost choked on some buffalo jerky!

Rhandhali
11-30-2007, 13:02
I didn't think it was that bad. They still have a coupon on the web page, you just have to dig for it a little bit so admission was only 7 bucks for me.

I saw a K11 for about 350 and picked up the Marlin I was looking for and a $100.00 AR lower. It's not a bad way to kill a few hours in the morning.

Who was the guy selling all the hot shot Ruger 10/22 and Mk II/III barrels? I think he's local but I didn't get his card.

cwshootersupply
11-30-2007, 21:09
Paul Zint 859-234-4144 1110 Dixon Road Sadieville KY 40370

Who was the guy selling all the hot shot Ruger 10/22 and Mk II/III barrels? I think he's local but I didn't get his card.[/QUOTE]

They are neat. He was at the National Gun Day in Louisville as well.

Bren
12-05-2007, 05:48
Paul Zint 859-234-4144 1110 Dixon Road Sadieville KY 40370

Who was the guy selling all the hot shot Ruger 10/22 and Mk II/III barrels? I think he's local but I didn't get his card.

They are neat. He was at the National Gun Day in Louisville as well.[/QUOTE]
I like that stuff as well. Every time I see that display I think I need a 10/22.