SIG P229, DAK and decocker [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SIG P229, DAK and decocker

Rex G
11-22-2007, 08:23
Looks kinda dead in here, so I thought I would give it a bit of life. For the first time since 1993, I have a SIG pistol with a decocker, and I while working on adjusting to the DA/SA trigger pulls, I am doing better as a lefty than a rightie. I still seem to shoot DA sixguns better as a rightie. My duty pistol since 2004 has been a SIG P229R with the DAK trigger, and I wear it on the right hip, because in a fight, I tend to lead with my left side, and it's a bad idea to present one's "weapon side" to a bad guy. Plus, in 1984, when I started wearing a badge, my right hand and arm were stronger than my more skilled left, and learning to shoot the then-mandatory double-action .357 sixgun, with factory-spec trigger pull, was easier with the stronger hand. While I still really like my sixguns, the P229R with the DAK trigger is a really sweet lefty pistol. The decocker P229 is not bad, either, and will be a good spare. I installed a TJ Custom trigger in the decocker pistol, and it made the DA pull much nicer and steadier. I think I will order another TJ trigger for the DAK gun. Well, I will stop rambling now; need sleep.

RyanNREMTP
11-23-2007, 13:31
Get sleep than.

Close your eyelids.

Rex G
11-24-2007, 20:59
:) Sometimes, regardless of how long I have been without sleep, it takes time to come down from the caffeine and adrenaline dumps from the night before. :)