Abuse... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Abuse...

TMG
11-26-2007, 09:38
http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,156281,00.html?ESRC=marine.nl
It's a good thing they dont have to face this kind of 'Torture' in combat...

Wow. This is ridiculous!

SpookyEight
11-26-2007, 14:37
If you can't hack it, there's a PC special interest group somewhere that will tell you it's not your fault...

Kingslayer
11-26-2007, 14:57
They said Glass and another drill instructor would line recruits up after meals and force them to down liters of water from their canteens in a ritual they referred to as "waterbowling."

It's called hydration management. Recruits can't be trusted to drink the proper amounts of water so D.I.s make sure they have enough. They did that to us in boot camp all the time.

Usually after breakfast so the yellow scrambled eggs stood out against the maroon squad bay floor...

gruntmedik
11-26-2007, 18:58
It's called hydration management. Recruits can't be trusted to drink the proper amounts of water so D.I.s make sure they have enough. They did that to us in boot camp all the time.

Usually after breakfast so the yellow scrambled eggs stood out against the maroon squad bay floor...

Ahhh, the memories. We had to spell out discipline while scrambling for our canteens.

deadday
11-27-2007, 21:52
I'm glad (well, that's the wrong phrase, ashamed I suppose) to see that the pussification is not limited to the Army. What in hell is wrong with people? Oh no, my DS hit me with a tent pole, I'm going to cry....What the ----?!? Because shrapnel doesn't hurt right? They forced me to drink water!! Because heat stroke doesn't kill right?!? Our military is heading down a very bad path here...My beloved Army, your beloved Corps...It's really getting rediculous..

drew

TMG
11-28-2007, 17:58
... pussification ....
drew
lmao. Ill try to use that word in training tomorrow...

deadday
11-28-2007, 18:44
lmao. Ill try to use that word in training tomorrow...

Careful, might find yourself smack dab in the middle of an EO briefing this time next week if you do....

drew

SeriousStudent
11-28-2007, 19:17
Shaking my head.....

I'm glad to know that despite this silliness, there are a lot of fine Marines and soldiers out there. My drill instructors did a lot of things that an outsider might view with suspicion. Yet I somehow managed to escape their clutches, without becoming an little amphibious bag of tears in the process.

Go ahead and bust these guys. And then when the new boots go out on their first float in the FMF, the awakening will just be that much ruder.

Rugby
11-28-2007, 21:51
That pisses me off. How two-faced can the Corps get? It's a sign of the times. American men are becoming sissies (pussified). There was no Internet or global communications when I went through boot camp. If there was they would have razed the whole compound and built a memorial. Leavenworth would be packed with DI's and I'd be on disability. That article didn't describe anything that hasn't been going on for years.

TMG
11-28-2007, 23:27
... American men are becoming sissies.

Ahhh, excuse me, I believe the term is PUSSIFICATION..
:rofl:

Rugby
11-29-2007, 19:28
Ahhh, excuse me, I believe the term is PUSSIFICATION..
:rofl:

I've heard that before and it would be more funny if it wasn't so true. I'll edit my post to correct it.

joshua2005
12-01-2007, 02:14
I knew Glass and Villagomez when we were stationed at MCRD, they were both MP's. My wife showed me this article and at first I was surprised they stayed in the Corps. When Glass was a PFC he got in trouble because his freakin K9 wouldn't do what he told it to, so they sent him and his dog to supply so he could hide things and train it. What is happening to him now is complete BS. For all of you who went through boot camp, who didn't get "struck" by their drill instructor or "forced" to down water until you puked. It is part of making you more disciplined so that you have the ability to sustain the tortures of combat. Maybe if they made Marine Corps bootcamp more like Air Force Boot Camp we could all get the same benefits of being in the military they do without doing anything militaryish (if that's even a word). Glass and Villagomez are good men, and 10 years in prison is bs considering drill instructors prepared all of us for what was to come next.

TacticalBling
12-04-2007, 09:33
Hold on a second...

The article read that he got a Dishonorable. They only hand those out to the worst of the worst--murderers, baby-rapers, and such.

Either he did a LOT of really bad things that they didn't disclose, or the writer of the article is using terms they're not familiar with.

Heck, the things he was listed doing might have gotten him relieved of his post, and MAYBE a General or OTH discharge at the VERY worst, if the command had a real mad-on for him.

Makes me wonder what we're not being told...

inkslut
12-12-2007, 20:48
:brickwall: wonderful, we incarcerate Drill Instructors for doing their jobs and making Marines. At this pace, in 10 years DIs will be serving time for forgetting to put a mint on the recruits pillow in the morning...

pathetic..

deadday
12-12-2007, 21:11
:brickwall: wonderful, we incarcerate Drill Instructors for doing their jobs and making Marines. At this pace, in 10 years DIs will be serving time for forgetting to put a mint on the recruits pillow in the morning...

pathetic..

At least they still have them in the Corps.....The Armys latest stroke of brilliance is to remove the Drills from the AIT schools....:upeyes:

drew

Sam White
12-12-2007, 22:04
deadaye, are you serious? I've been out of the Army for awhile.

deadday
12-12-2007, 22:51
deadaye, are you serious? I've been out of the Army for awhile.

The plan is to remove the Drills from AIT posts, replace them with a single 'Platoon Sgt' that would work a 9-5 m-f position with his platoon of trainees...I believe they have begun implementation, but changes may have been made from the original plans...I'll ask around here, this is a huge TRADOC post...

drew