what is your MOS?

I am currently Active duty
i am in Northern California
started my career off as a 11B in 2/75th ranger
reclassed to 21B
currently got snagged as a detailed recruiter :crying:

datruth
11-26-2007, 22:25
2nd Batt. huh, I literally work around the corner from them in a motor hole , 63 bravo, wheeled vehicle mechanic, Im sure you know where:cool:

vxhybrid
11-26-2007, 22:33
ya i went from 2nd bat to the sniper/recon pltoon in duce four just down the street

datruth
11-26-2007, 22:46
Im in a FA unit and they think they are hooah, but we are all support:dunno:, its just funny, you a sniper or just 11 bang,bang?

vxhybrid
11-26-2007, 22:53
now i am reclassed to a 21P which is the biggest poge in the army Prime Power
but yes i was a shooter for a while

datruth
11-26-2007, 22:56
whats it like being a real sniper other than the supermarket snipers all over the internet?, well everything with opsec

vxhybrid
11-26-2007, 23:02
21P is a high voltage electrician, we are teh ones who make mega watts of power and powere the posts over in iraq

as far as being a sniper it is really boring... just sitting there watching 99.9% of the time
but i love shooting and i learned a LOT....

eisman
11-27-2007, 15:03
Currently in the sandbox, 63Z detailed MP.

deadday
11-27-2007, 15:26
19D currently stuck in Warrior Transition Unit. Been here for 19 months now, with at least another 6 months of treatment. Trying to get my ----ing medical extension papers handled, but I can't get a ----ing doctor to write the memorandum for some damned reason or other.

drew

Fox
11-27-2007, 17:56
Army National Guard, 21K - plumbing

Texas11B
11-28-2007, 02:13
11B on TERMINAL LEAVE i was stationed at ft. stewart

fourdeuce2
11-28-2007, 03:22
who is currently in the army?
where are you?
what is your MOS?

I am currently Active duty
i am in Northern California
started my career off as a 11B in 2/75th ranger
reclassed to 21B
currently got snagged as a detailed recruiter :crying:

Guess that means you aren't in the LA Recruiting Bn. I was, but was "fortunate" enough to be assigned all the way up in San Luis Obispo(that was because when they asked me where I wanted to go I told them "As far from LA as I can get.")

Juell
11-29-2007, 12:40
It's on my sigline. My ETS date is dec. 20th woo hoo!!!

GSXRanger
12-01-2007, 19:49
now i am reclassed to a 21P which is the biggest poge in the army Prime Power
but yes i was a shooter for a while

What ASI's do you have?

vxhybrid
12-02-2007, 11:49
ASI E-5 instrumentation

i am supprised that anyone knew about the ASI's

what MOS are you

deadday
12-02-2007, 12:43
It's on my sigline. My ETS date is dec. 20th woo hoo!!!

Not stop-lossed? Congrats!

drew

GSXRanger
12-02-2007, 18:51
ASI E-5 instrumentation

i am supprised that anyone knew about the ASI's

what MOS are you

ya i went from 2nd bat to the sniper/recon pltoon in duce four just down the street

I have several MOS's and several ASI's as well. Along with a few SQI's to boot. I noticed that you did not include the B4 ASI. What class were you in?

Also, what company in 2nd Bn? I sent you a PM, asking you if you actively post on www.armyranger.com and you have not replied. If you are/were a Ranger, you should sign up and say hello. It's one of the better sites on the internet, great fun, great guys, all either current or former Rangers... it's a very small world.

deadday
12-02-2007, 20:23
I think he thought you were reffering to the ASIs associated with is current MOS, thinking that you hold/held the same...

drew

GSXRanger
12-02-2007, 23:24
I think he thought you were reffering to the ASIs associated with is current MOS, thinking that you hold/held the same...

drew

No, I asked the following...

What ASI's do you have?

As in PLURAL. I was curious as to what ASI's he held. He stated with his own text, that he was in "Sniper / Recon Platoon" and that he was in 2/75th.

I was curious as to what ASI's he held. My current MOS is far from working on power lines.

Bren
12-03-2007, 09:35
who is currently in the army?
where are you?
what is your MOS?

Army reserve.
Kentucky.
11B (13B secondary)/00G (MOS immaterial), Drill Sergeant Candidate

vxhybrid
12-03-2007, 10:43
No, I asked the following...

As in PLURAL. I was curious as to what ASI's he held. He stated with his own text, that he was in "Sniper / Recon Platoon" and that he was in 2/75th.

I was curious as to what ASI's he held. My current MOS is far from working on power lines.

i was in B co 2/75.
i was never ranger school trained, i blew out my ankel 2 weeks before i was suppose to start ranger school on a jump on point salinas drop zone on FT lewis. after that i was no longer allowed to jump so i moved down the road to 1/24 inf.

i was there in the recon/sniper plt for over a year but they refused to send me to sniper school because i would not reenlist for 11B so i was just an untrained sniper squadleader until i reclassed to 21P

GSXRanger
12-03-2007, 11:41
i was in B co 2/75.
i was never ranger school trained, i blew out my ankel 2 weeks before i was suppose to start ranger school on a jump on point salinas drop zone on FT lewis. after that i was no longer allowed to jump so i moved down the road to 1/24 inf.

i was there in the recon/sniper plt for over a year but they refused to send me to sniper school because i would not reenlist for 11B so i was just an untrained sniper squadleader until i reclassed to 21P

No worries. Thanks for clearing things up. You don't have to be School Trained to be a Ranger... that's for sure. We all know, the Tab is a School, the Scroll is a way of LIFE.

Sorry to hear about your ankle... I know all too well about being injured. Come on over to www.armyranger.com (shameless plug) and sign up... you will be more than at home there.

If you are currently a recruiter, we could always use advice on the site. We have DEP's all the time, getting ready for RIP, or asking about Option 40... so, as I said... you would be MORE than welcomed there.

Take care... keep your feet and knees together.

RLTW!

strykermedic
12-03-2007, 16:55
Former Medic for C 2-1 IN Sniper Team out of Ft. Wainwright Alaska. Iraq Aug 05 - Dec 06 Now a civilian...loving most of it, missing a lot of it though!

vxhybrid
12-03-2007, 21:39
No worries. Thanks for clearing things up. You don't have to be School Trained to be a Ranger... that's for sure. We all know, the Tab is a School, the Scroll is a way of LIFE........

RLTW!

you are telling me, i have seen some of the biggest POS in the ARMY walking arround talking about how they are the best ranger yet they would have never passed even rip...
i did registrar in the other forum but i am waiting to be activated, there is one post i have a problem with in teh recruitment section.

Biscuitsjam
12-03-2007, 21:53
Army Guard. Was a tanker but I'm retraining as a Cav Scout. I did one tour in Iraq and we're about to start training for one in Afghanistan.

vxhybrid: Isn't your MOS one of those really rare ones that has to deploy all the time? There was something insane like only 3 companies in the whole army that specialized in that and they wanted at least one of them deployed at all times, unless I'm confusing your MOS with something else...

vxhybrid
12-03-2007, 22:49
no that is close

there are only 200 of us in the army total. but we dont deplo that much most of it is TDY... our deployments are only 6 months long. right now there are only 2 companies but in july 2008 we are standing up a 3rd company. out tech school is a 365 day school

GSXRanger
12-04-2007, 09:49
no that is close

there are only 200 of us in the army total. but we dont deplo that much most of it is TDY... our deployments are only 6 months long. right now there are only 2 companies but in july 2008 we are standing up a 3rd company. out tech school is a 365 day school

Wow... I am just a white boy that speaks Arabic. Some guys get all the fun... :supergrin:

Biscuitsjam
12-04-2007, 10:12
no that is close

there are only 200 of us in the army total. but we dont deplo that much most of it is TDY... our deployments are only 6 months long. right now there are only 2 companies but in july 2008 we are standing up a 3rd company. out tech school is a 365 day schoolWent on leave with a guy that was in your MOS. Wiccan that was stationed somewhere in the SouthWest. Seemed pretty cool, but he complained about the high op-tempo.

I thought he said there were two active-duty units doing that and one reserve (or Guard). Come to think of it though, one of the active-duty units might have been a different branch, though.

ssgarmy
12-05-2007, 19:34
[QUOTE
If you are currently a recruiter, we could always use advice on the site.
QUOTE]

12B and 79V here.
I served 2 years Active and 13 years in the Reserve as a 21B/12B Combat Engineer (Demo) The last 3 years I was Plt SGT for 1st Sapper PLT. Bco 478 EN BN. (CBT MECH)
Last year I went AGR (Active Reserve) as a 79V Career Counselor. We handle all reenlistments and transfers of soldiers between TPU's and from the IRR to TPU ( Drilling Reserves) YES - I GIVE YOU YOUR BONUSES!!
If anyone needs any help with anything from old records, current records, documents, to lookups on AATRS, I can help you.
Always happy to help.
SFC Chuck Parker
513-771-5710
cell 513-257-9753
charles.parker5@us.army.mil

nothing
12-05-2007, 22:48
Army National Guard
11A

I've been a full timer since 2004. We just got our alert for our next trip to iraq. I'm pretty sure we got it the same time as Biscuitsjam.

GSXRanger
12-06-2007, 16:37
Army National Guard
11A

I've been a full timer since 2004. We just got our alert for our next trip to iraq. I'm pretty sure we got it the same time as Biscuitsjam.

You guys stay vertical! I'm not far behind you... for my FOURTH one.

Biscuitsjam
12-06-2007, 20:22
Army National Guard
11A

I've been a full timer since 2004. We just got our alert for our next trip to iraq. I'm pretty sure we got it the same time as Biscuitsjam.Looks like they announced 2 Brigades for Afghanistan and 3 for Iraq on the same day.

They first told us about this deployment back in about December 2004... Back then, the word was, "We're on the schedule to go to Afghanistan in mid-2009, but it probably won't happen." Lots of credible sources kept repeating the same rumor ever since and we started training as if it were a sure thing several months ago.

I don't know what kind of opsec these deployment schedules are supposed to have, but this one was kind of an open secret. Guys in National Guard units in other states have been asking me about it for some time, even.

deadday
12-06-2007, 22:23
Looks like they announced 2 Brigades for Afghanistan and 3 for Iraq on the same day.

They first told us about this deployment back in about December 2004... Back then, the word was, "We're on the schedule to go to Afghanistan in mid-2009, but it probably won't happen." Lots of credible sources kept repeating the same rumor ever since and we started training as if it were a sure thing several months ago.

I don't know what kind of opsec these deployment schedules are supposed to have, but this one was kind of an open secret. Guys in National Guard units in other states have been asking me about it for some time, even.

There is little to no OPSEC in regards to deployment schedules unfortunately. Our Army, in all it's wisdom likes to tell everybody and their brother what units are going where, and when. It's farking rediculous if you ask me, but that's above my pay grade...Waaaaay above....

drew

TheBelly
12-08-2007, 22:23
I am a Cav Trooper in a Light Infantry Brigade & Division.

My MOS is irrelevant because I'm a CAVALRYMAN!

jeff copeland
12-09-2007, 18:42
physician assistant in the guard

oif 1 mar 2003- mar 2004

Bravo-Four
12-11-2007, 14:48
been in almost 6 years now.

11B3PB4

..Well, at least I like to remember myself that way. Im a filthy nasty poge now. Iv gone from worrying if we'll get food in my next overwatch shift, to worrying about if someone stole my stapler.

But hey, if your iPERMS record is f'd up...Im your man :)

fourdeuce2
12-13-2007, 12:33
I am a Cav Trooper in a Light Infantry Brigade & Division.

My MOS is irrelevant because I'm a CAVALRYMAN!

That's what they used to tell us, too, until the SQT's came around.:upeyes:

Nappy41
12-15-2007, 05:53
Army Reserve
384th MP BN
Iraq
92Y
I am a Logi. yeah it sucks but reclassing only means more deployment and I would rather dislike my job then not see my family.

KG Dad
12-16-2007, 01:00
Where: Seattle's Fort Lawton
Where 2: Residing in Oregon
MOS: Reserve 27A (JAG)

SIGSAREBETTER
12-16-2007, 01:06
I'll be happy to be joining y'all...DEPper waiting to ship on 9 Jan. 88m reserves/Ft Lewis.

Fullauto_Shoote
12-20-2007, 01:20
Been in the Military almost 22 years.
Enlisted 13B (Mississippi ARNG) - 1986-1990
RC FA Officer (Mississippi ARNG): 1990-1991
AD FA Officer (Sill x 2, ROK, Leavenworth, Iraq x 2, Hood): 1992-Present
Should pin LTC o/a 1 FEB 08
Hell of a good ride so far!

NiteQwill
12-22-2007, 12:24
Army Reserve
6 Years