where to shoot AR-15's in Memphis? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : where to shoot AR-15's in Memphis?

flybywire
11-27-2007, 06:22
I checked all the indoor ranges - Rangemaster, RangeUSA, TopBrass, Bullseye - they all said no to shooting my AR15.

One exception was RangeUSA: you can shoot your AR but must use their frangible ammo - about 4 times the cost of my ammo.

The only place I know of is MSSA, if you want to spend the bucks.

Any ideas?

Akita
11-27-2007, 11:06
Wow, what a Straight Line. :devildance:

(sorry, not from that area)

armed
11-27-2007, 20:54
You've just about covered all places, except for an outdoor range down near Hernando, I believe. ECMills will know more about this place than I do; I've never been there. A little help there, Mills?

armed
11-27-2007, 20:56
Akita, I still want your Oly 9mm!

newsphotog
11-28-2007, 07:20
You've just about covered all places, except for an outdoor range down near Hernando, I believe. ECMills will know more about this place than I do; I've never been there. A little help there, Mills?

I sure would like to know where that one is. I didn't know North MS had an outdoor range.

newsphotog
11-28-2007, 07:23
I sure would like to know where that one is. I didn't know North MS had an outdoor range.

Well I did a little searching on the net. I found one called Gail Bahr Range in Hernando. It says it is private.

BuLC86
11-28-2007, 07:45
I live in hernando and dont know of any public ranges all are private and require memberships or invite from a member

ecmills
11-28-2007, 10:32

Bulc covered it pretty well...

I live in hernando and dont know of any public ranges all are private and require memberships or invite from a member
The range belongs to the Desoto Rifle & Pistol Club. But the guy who owns All-Star Chevrolet paid the guys who own their land enough money to close them down until the spring - he wanted to duck hunt near their range, and the river is 1 mile away behind their berm...

Also, it's a private range like MSSA. Gotta pay to join, not open to the public. ;)

armed
11-28-2007, 21:23
but it doesn't co$t as much to join as MSSA does, right?