went hunting in Arkansas......... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : went hunting in Arkansas.........

cowboywannabe
11-27-2007, 12:59
my yearly trip to the in-law's deer-camp......

got two doe (6 pt. minimum on bucks, just saw spikes) and one HOG.....

the Razer-backs beat LSU but they lost one to me.......

sow went appx 220 pounds unofficially.....

will post a pic when camera is down loaded......

wish i could find a descent place to hunt in east Al. public land is full of too many ya-hoos to be anywhere near safe in my book. and "hunt-clubs" around here want $400.00 per year just to hunt on the land, no bunk house, no place to skin, gut, and hang the game......no nothing, just permission to be on the land.

mossy500camo
11-27-2007, 19:19
my yearly trip to the in-law's deer-camp......

got two doe (6 pt. minimum on bucks, just saw spikes) and one HOG.....

the Razer-backs beat LSU but they lost one to me.......

sow went appx 220 pounds unofficially.....

will post a pic when camera is down loaded......

wish i could find a descent place to hunt in east Al. public land is full of too many ya-hoos to be anywhere near safe in my book. and "hunt-clubs" around here want $400.00 per year just to hunt on the land, no bunk house, no place to skin, gut, and hang the game......no nothing, just permission to be on the land.

Good going! Where did you find the $400 deal? I cant find anything under $500. I hunt my uncles land. But hes and ass and wont let many people hunt there. So.... Have you tried the Cusseta hunting club?

Keith5579
11-28-2007, 03:18
$400 is cheap. My place in Dallas County is $2500 a year.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/keith5579/Deer07creekNov056.jpg

cowboywannabe
11-28-2007, 07:45
what do you get for $2500.00 per year?!

for $400.00 per year in Ark, they get ALL meals for the first week of the season, use of a room in the bunk-house year round, showers and kitchen of course....for what ever is in season, a place to hang the game to dress it and then cold storage until you can process it there with their tenderizers.....also have use of numerous deer stands already up, not the tree stands but the guard shack looking stands....and of course some old timers spinning yarns and sipping booze.....it was great.

mossy500camo
11-28-2007, 13:28
what do you get for $2500.00 per year?!

for $400.00 per year in Ark, they get ALL meals for the first week of the season, use of a room in the bunk-house year round, showers and kitchen of course....for what ever is in season, a place to hang the game to dress it and then cold storage until you can process it there with their tenderizers.....also have use of numerous deer stands already up, not the tree stands but the guard shack looking stands....and of course some old timers spinning yarns and sipping booze.....it was great.

DANG IT! :wow: Im moving to Arkansa! I agree $2500 is a wee bit steep for this ole boy.

Cowboywannbe, there use to be a guy here that invited me to shoot and hunt with him. In Opelika Gman I believe is his name?

cowboywannabe
11-28-2007, 14:08
he hasnt been on here for quite some time.....

cowboywannabe
11-29-2007, 14:01
cant resize this, i dont know how.....but here is a pic of me and the Hog i got last sunday.......i hadnt shaved in a week so i look a bit rough.....

cowboywannabe
12-02-2007, 09:28
better pix...

cowboywannabe
12-02-2007, 09:45
Try this again...if you enlarge it you can see the bullet hole in the ear....

mossy500camo
12-03-2007, 21:30
Try this again...if you enlarge it you can see the bullet hole in the ear....

COOL! MAN!

cowboywannabe
12-03-2007, 23:39
mossy,

P.C. has a 4" nickle plated S&W model 10 for $299.00, i didnt look it over, but if its in so so shape im sure you can jew them down a bit....

mossy500camo
12-04-2007, 17:37
mossy,

P.C. has a 4" nickle plated S&W model 10 for $299.00, i didnt look it over, but if its in so so shape im sure you can jew them down a bit....

I hate to sound like a dummy. But what is a Model 10? A 38spl? Just asking.

I hardly ever go in there anymore. The girls there and one young guy are great to do bussiness with. But the guy that runs the place you know who and the chubby guy there. They were so rude and smart azzy. I aint worried about buying anything from them anytime soon. I wouldnt even recommend them to anyone.

cowboywannabe
12-04-2007, 17:52
youre talking about Jay, i dont have an issue with any of them though some have the personality of a house plant....

i know what i want usually when i go in there, and know what is a fair price for it (handgun related)....so i either pay the sticker or ask for the best price they can do, then see if its in line with the item

a model 10 is a K frame .38spl. that one has a 4" bull barrel and is nickled. a used model 10 is usually about a $200-$250.00 gun if its in good shape and the bluing is good also....

the nickled finish means nothing unless its pristine, as when nickle flakes off or gets pitted, rust forms on the base metal and you either let it rust or have to pay to have it re-nickled.....a blued gun can be touched up by you anytime its needed....

so yes, the $299.00 was too high for that gun.....as i could see the nickle was not pristine and has some rust specs in various places.....thats why i said you could jew him down.

i dont care whos working there or what thier attitude is, if its a good gun at a good price, i will pay it, if not i will offer a different price OTDm they either take it or not.

since i go there with cash in hand and have bought from them before, i dont usually get the snow job because they know im not fishing or just looking.....plus i only speak with the girls, or usually Weldon's son....they have to clear a sale with a dick head sometimes, but im not the one dealing with him.....

pawn shops are simple, they sell it or it sits. they have to make a profit i know, and i also know what they buy used guns for....approx. 25% of its "blue book" value.

so a used gun they price at $200.00, they bought for maybe $50.00-$75.00.

mossy500camo
12-05-2007, 19:30
youre talking about Jay, i dont have an issue with any of them though some have the personality of a house plant....

pawn shops are simple, they sell it or it sits. they have to make a profit i know, and i also know what they buy used guns for....approx. 25% of its "blue book" value.

so a used gun they price at $200.00, they bought for maybe $50.00-$75.00.

Yeah, Believe me I know. But They could atleast respect their costumers. I have been doing bussiness with them for along time. I have tried and tried to get along with those two. But now, I just go elsewhere and pay more. Doesnt matter to me. lol!