Portable radio ?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Portable radio ??

mtncat
11-28-2007, 10:29
Anyone using the Relm RPV3600A portable radios?
We have purchased several of these are they are pretty much JUNK.
What's worse is the Relm KNOWS they are junk and all we can get out of them is "we know this is a problem and we are working on it"
This is not just a single issue with a single radio but numerous issues with all the radios.:steamed:
If anyone is in the market for radios I would stay FAR away from anything put out by this company:steamed:

lomfs24
11-28-2007, 21:37
What kind of issues are the radios having? I am not familiar with this particular model of radio but I use Bendix Kings on a daily basis without so much as a bobble. And of course, Bendix King radios are made my Relm.

mtncat
11-29-2007, 17:27
What kind of issues are the radios having? I am not familiar with this particular model of radio but I use Bendix Kings on a daily basis without so much as a bobble. And of course, Bendix King radios are made my Relm.

We have a bunch of the BK's and have no problems with them for what they are intended.
The 2 most recent problems with the radios.
One of the reasons we purchased these particular radios was not only price but also because they can be programed with one or more channels to a pager tone. Nope, not happening. It will take the tone codes but it will not "page" when you hit the tones. There answer for months has been that they are looking at the problem and they have tried several firmware and hardware upgrades and none solve the problem.
The second is that on one group there is a channel that will not hold the freq. on the tx. side. Again their answer is that they are aware of the problem and are trying to figure it out:steamed:
Just noticed at their site http://www.49ercom.com/thumbnail.asp?deep=2&offset=1&cat_id=91 that they are on sale. I have to question, are they putting them on sale to dump them because they don't work as advertised?????