Ever have soft plastics melt your stuff? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ever have soft plastics melt your stuff?

PACKIN' PLASTIC
05-09-2002, 04:04
They have melted two tackle boxes, a radio, and other items of mine.

I now have a Cabelas soft bag with worm proof boxes-problem mostly solved.

PP

flyboy5432H
05-09-2002, 04:26
lol, that plasticizer is nasty stuff isn't it? it'll eat about any hard plastic item in a matter of hours. i have quite a few boxes too that have worm imprints in them.

plano and flambeau make good worm-proof tackle boxes, and if it becomes a problem plastic zip bags work great. tight lines..

TheBigCA
05-09-2002, 04:35
Wow, thanks for the heads up on. I currently keep all the soft plastics in plastic baggies. Guess, I'll keep it that way.

Westicle
05-09-2002, 04:36
What the H-E "double Hockey Sticks" are you guys talking aboot ??

Worms melting tackle boxes ? are you insane ?

PACKIN' PLASTIC
05-09-2002, 06:19
Wes,

We are talking about soft PLASTIC worms, they kind you can bite in half with your teeth, and not puke.

PP

calzoom
05-09-2002, 12:27
HAAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!! LOL ; Now that's funny! Personally I've never thought of biting a worm in two. But just the idea...BLETCHHH!

;f ;f ;f ;f

PACKIN' PLASTIC
05-09-2002, 12:47

DJ Niner
05-10-2002, 19:27
I dropped a couple soft-bodied lures into the top drawer of one of those multi-drawer parts cabinets; two weeks later I found the lure TWO DRAWERS BELOW the drawer I put it in. It melted it's way through three layers of plastic drawers on the way down, dripping "molten" plastic as it went. What a mess.

And I've never be able to find extra drawers for sale for those darn cabinets, either.:(