How do you mend a broken heart?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How do you mend a broken heart??

flygirl
12-02-2007, 18:21
My s/o of the past 6 years has up and moved out in the middle of the night. I was at work at the time and he informed me as I was driving home. It seems that he did not want me to freek out when I got there and saw that all of his stuff was gone. I had to go and fetch my car and house keys from him at his work that morning. He did not want to give them back as he still had/has a few things still here that he could not fit in the truck. Needless to say I was shocked.
We had been having problems lately but were both willing to talk them through. I have been under a huge ammount of stress lately and have been lashing out my frustrations at him. In fact I have become almost a complete stranger to myself and only reconize myself as a BIG Bi__H. I was not always this way. Actualy I used to be fun to be around. But now.... Well he is gone and my heart hurts.
Any advise?? I don't feel much like going out and getting drunk or being dumb enough to try to replace him with some sort of guy just for a dirversion. :crying:

PrincessCelica
12-03-2007, 05:28
Time and lots of it. Surround yourself with friends. See about getting counseling to help you deal with your stress.

I had a guy leave me because I was emotionally out of control due to stress. Every 5 seconds my mood would go through an extreme swing. Going to get counseling made SUCH a difference. I leveled out and am an emotionally healthy person again.

It's important not to isolate yourself. Allow yourself to grieve, but at some point you need to make a conscious decision to move forward and stop dwelling. Things will get better. Until then, you can always shoot me PMs if you need someone to listen. I've been through many heartbreaks, but I have learned and grown from each one. :hugs:

Two-Gun Mary
12-03-2007, 16:43
If he as your s/o for 6 years, you must have seen something good in him. It you consider the relationship worth salvaging, apologize for your recent behavior and ask him to go to counseling with you. Get it straightened out BEFORE living together again.

If, after 6 years, he felt he had to move out in the middle of the night without warning, something is wrong with either his ability to communicate or his basic consideration of you. Find out which. If it is the first, it can probably be fixed with counseling and learning to be more of a caring human being. If it is the second, you're probably better off moving on with your life.

Incidentally, how about YOUR ability to communicate? Sounds like you were dumping on him instead of dealing with the real problem.

Sgt. Tackleberry
12-04-2007, 22:07
guys and counseling......hmm.....military and intellegence.....hhmm.....best wishes.

45Works
12-08-2007, 11:16
I am a guy going through a break up. I have been seeing a councelor for the past month. My s/o refuses to seek counceling as she may have to deal with her other issues as well. I've begged her to go, but so far she refuses.

Mrs. VR
12-10-2007, 18:05
I'm very sorry for your troubles :sad: I agree with Two Gun, you can't save a relationship alone, he has to be willing, but taking responsibility for your behavior towards him should, at the very least gain you some forgiveness, which can go a long way towards letting you forgive yourself. Best wishes with this.