CCW at Delta Center err Energy Solutions Arena [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW at Delta Center err Energy Solutions Arena

coprtoppe
12-03-2007, 14:34
What is the latest?
I know there is a thread here somewhere but it seems the search feature has been disabled.

I'm going to the game tonight and not sure how to dress...

RMTactical
12-03-2007, 14:54
They use a little metal detecting wand to check you for weapons, and they have signs stating no firearms or weapons or something like that. At least that is what it was like when I want to a Jazz/Celtics game last year.

I am sure you could sneak a firearm in there fairly easily if you really wanted to.

UtahIrishman
12-03-2007, 18:42
The last time I was at the Energy Solutions Arena it was still the Delta Center. We went to a hockey game. They were spot checking with wands but I don't recall having to walk through any detectors. I could have easily carried but didn't because I was in the same quandary you are. With a permit the only thing they could ask you to do though is leave.

Disclaimer: Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited by law. In other words if you carry and get caught don't blame me :tongueout:

coprtoppe
12-04-2007, 16:21
Thanks for the replies.

I went to the game last night with my 12 year old nephew.

Earlier in the day I spoke to a nice lady in the Guest Services/Crowd Management department by phone and asked her about weapons for permit holders. She said that the arena is private not public property - so weapons were not allowed - spoken as though they are prohibited at all private areas...I avoid Larry Miller's theatres for this reason too.

After walking in I mentioned to my nephew that they didn't check us for weapons after all. No metal detectors or wands. I did see them checking a lady's hand bag in front of us, but with the weather as cold as it is most people were wearing coats big enough to conceal pretty much anything.

He commented that that was scary because anyone could come in with a gun. I agreed that it was scary but because it means only the good guys are defenseless. Any bad guys aren't going to care about house rules.

The Utah BCI (Bureau of Criminal Identification) website states:
Naturally, private property owners may apply whatever restrictions they want. Whether or not these restrictions violate one's constitutional rights is for the civil courts to decide. But the only statutory restrictions on a permit holder are secured areas such as airports and federal buildings.

so it sounds like the worst that would happen is that if discovered I would be invited to leave it in my vehicle.

Tony

RMTactical
12-06-2007, 16:25
Precisely. You can carry there, as long as they don't know you have a firearm...

If they know you have one, they can ask you to leave because of it. At that point, if you don't leave you can be arrested for trespassing, but if you do leave... you just miss the game...

TylerDurden
12-10-2007, 09:07
I've carried there dozens of times. Never been checked, never had anyone notice. Larry H. Miller can put up with my quirks if I'm going to pay $120 for a seat at the Jazz game or $10 for a movie.

DevinB
12-16-2007, 14:40
I have been there a few times recently, but for concerts, not to Jazz games. At one show they checked purses and bags, the rest they didn't check anything. Maybe it just depends on the function and what has happened recently in the news?

Bigsteve
12-19-2007, 22:37
I went and watched the BYU Mich State game there a couple saturdays ago. No problem getting in that day. No metal detectors, no wands.

Bigsteve