Marsala: found some [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Marsala: found some

The Pontificator
12-04-2007, 19:03
A bottle of Versasi (sweet). Nine bucks and change. :)

K.C. Dia
12-05-2007, 09:11
I find that dry Marsala is better for cooking than sweet.

The Pontificator
12-05-2007, 18:36
It just so happened that a liquor store in my travels just happened to have this one bottle of sweet. Perhaps another store might have a bottle of dry...someday.

K.C. Dia
12-06-2007, 08:22
It just so happened that a liquor store in my travels just happened to have this one bottle of sweet. Perhaps another store might have a bottle of dry...someday.

Grumpyville must be way off the map. I live in a backwater town in North Mississippi and we have a full selection of several brands of both sweet and dry marsala. Plus, all of our liquor must be purchased from a State warehouse. If Mississippi has it, I can't imagine that any of the other 49 States are lagging behind us.:wow:

clemtiger00
12-06-2007, 20:04
If you come to Charleston much, there is an old Harris Teeter, now called Total Wine at the corner of Highway 61 & Sam Rittenburg in the West Ashley section of Charleston. They have a decent selection of Marsala there in the liquor store side.

The Pontificator
12-07-2007, 08:23
If you come to Charleston much, there is an old Harris Teeter, now called Total Wine at the corner of Highway 61 & Sam Rittenburg in the West Ashley section of Charleston. They have a decent selection of Marsala there in the liquor store side.

The closest I get into Charleston is Dorchester Rd. and Ashley Phosphate.

Total Wine has a location in Columbia (probably Harbison Road) as well as Greene's (Assembly St.)but I haven't been to Cola in probably seven months.

There is a very good ABC store here in town I just cannot find the time to get there as I travel most of the week.

Glockerel
12-07-2007, 08:32
I use Florio dry for cooking and it's THE best.

K.C. Dia
12-07-2007, 16:08
Let me pass on a tip for making a marsala sauce. After reducing the marsala and stock for the sauce, add one teaspoon of pure marsala to the sauce and don't reduce anymore. It will intensify the sauce without adding an alcohol flavor.

Seafarer12
12-17-2007, 21:34
I had a hard time finding it in waco but I found it next to the boons farm under a layer of dust.

The Pontificator
12-20-2007, 18:08
I did eventually find it..a LOT of it. Brand is Florio.

Catsofthebase3
12-20-2007, 20:21
I use Versasi sweet for cooking, and enjoy the flavor it gives me. But to each his own, and some recipes are very specific on dry Marsala.