SC shooting ranges [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SC shooting ranges

81jasonG23
12-05-2007, 19:43
I am looking for info on a shooting range in Pickens, SC in upstate South Carolina. I am sure that someone will redirect me to the Carolinas club, but there are more people here and I hoped for better info. I could use range info (price, hours) and how to get there. Your input is always appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Carolina Drifter
12-06-2007, 13:40
Deweys Pawn Shop Old Augusta Rd. in Greenville has one but that's alittle far from pickens.

81jasonG23
12-07-2007, 00:51
Deweys Pawn Shop Old Augusta Rd. in Greenville has one but that's alittle far from pickens.

I drive by deweys everyday for work but I don't think I would go there. They are a little expensive and only have 2 lanes. I don't like to wait much. I live in Greenville and tend to make the trip to Rex's indoor range in Flat Rock, NC. They have 8 lanes and are only $7/ half hour. I had heard that there was one in pickens that was free just have to bring your own targets.

Lethal Farce
12-09-2007, 09:47
The Pickens range is run by the DNR. I think it is listed on their website or hunting rules and regs booklet. Another place and much better (although,not free) is the Greenville Gun Club- it has pistol, rifle, etc. There supposedly is an indoor range opening up on Poinsette Hwy, or Cedar Lane Rd. soon.
LF

Creek
12-11-2007, 20:09
The Pickens County Range is a great outdoor range. It gets pretty busy on weekends if you don't get there early. Pistol, rifle, skeet. http://www.dnr.sc.gov/law/rifleranges.html

I've heard that Travelers Rest is getting an indoor range soon, but that is not too close to Pickens.

Lethal Farce
12-12-2007, 07:47
Hey Creek,
I had heard about the Travelers Rest indoor range from a pretty good source also. Sure would like to see one of them open.
LF

rebbryan
12-13-2007, 04:43
I've been to the Pickens range, it's pretty nice