ARMY Career Help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ARMY Career Help

ssgarmy
12-05-2007, 19:01
I have noticed in several threads that many guys have had some questions about current options and career guidence. Most of the questions are being answered just fine but there have been a few posts with innaccurate info. out there.
Here is my story.
I have 16 years in the Army and Army Reserve.
12B40 Combat Engineer / 79V Army Reserve Career Counselor
2 years Active duty Ft. Hood
13 years as 12B /21B40 Combat Engineer (DEMO) (3 years as 1st Sapper Plt PLT SGT E6-E7.

Last year I decided to take a Full Time Position as an AGR (Active Reserve) 79V ARCC or Army Reserve Career Counselor. Its a Pogue job I know, but it get me through my administrative time so I can ge back to a Line unit as an OPS SGT and Make E8.

Anyway, I am offering my help to anyone who needs it. If you are currently in the Army, Army Reserve, Guard, or the IRR, I may be able to assist you.
Some of the Things I can help you with are.
Obtainig Records
Tuition Assistance
GI Bill
Obtaining Documents.
ODC ( Officer Direct Commision Program)
Bonuses
MOS reclass
Transfers - TPU to TPU or IRR to TPU
And much more

I have access to almost everything concerning your Career.

I'll let you know now we DO NOT do recruiting, but we do interview for the AR-RAP program.

Also, YES I do get credit for transferring a soldier from the IRR to a TPU Unit to finish your MSO, I am telling you that up front so you know I am not hiding anything or using this as a sales forum.

I took this job to help soldiers, Period!
Let me know if you need it.

SFC Chuck Parker
cell 513-257-9753
Office - 513- 771-5710
charles.parker5@us.army.mil
I am in Cincinnati but can help you no matter where your at.

deadday
12-05-2007, 19:58
I need help staying in the damned Army. They are trying to MedBoard me now. All along in my treatment, I was told I'd be reclassified at the end, and not to worry about being boarded out (I know, my fault for believing). Now all of a sudden, I'm being told to expect a board, any tips on how to fight it?

drew

ssgarmy
12-09-2007, 11:25
I need help staying in the damned Army. They are trying to MedBoard me now. All along in my treatment, I was told I'd be reclassified at the end, and not to worry about being boarded out (I know, my fault for believing). Now all of a sudden, I'm being told to expect a board, any tips on how to fight it?

drew

Sorry its been a couple days, I was TDY. Ok some of this depends on how far along in the process you are and what your being MEDBOARDED for. If you are Reserve I may be able to find out something for you on your status. If you are Active duty I cnt see your stuff right now.
In the end no matter what if all else fails, call or write your congressman, I know that seems like a boilerplate answer but you would not believe how fast it works inmany cases. We are coming on an election year and these guys/ gals are eager to help serviceman (in many cases). If you are Reserve PM me your Social and Ill see what I can find out or call me on Monday on my Cell I listed above. or email me your info. However you are most secure.
SFC P

M1 SUPER 90
12-09-2007, 16:35
HURRY RUN IT'S ONE OF THOSE DAMN RECRUITERS!!

Just kiddin' I just re upped in the sand box and got the 15K tax free!!

Broylz
12-11-2007, 19:00
any advice on gree to gold vs OCS with an associates degree?

ssgarmy
12-11-2007, 19:49
any advice on gree to gold vs OCS with an associates degree?

Right now the Army is pushing the ODC or Officer Dirct Commision. There is no minimum credit hours to apply. As long as you are in college and have a GT of 110 or above you can submit a packet. You HAVE to complete a Bachelor's though before you can be promoted to Captain.

It is very big right now, The Army needs Officers and Warrents bad.

BTW, I AM NOT A RECRUITER!!!!!:steamed::supergrin:
I know your joking but we do not recruit, we only do Career Counseling and Reenlistments. I dont deal with recruits,
Congrats on the Reup and the $$$$
Spend it wisely. Like on a new Glock!
cp

M1 SUPER 90
12-11-2007, 20:00
I hear yah!! I did the DARN job for bout a year. Amazing how many e7's or so that don't give a crap about their carriers until their ets date is tomorrow.

The recruiter that put me in is now the Area Manager for the 90th retention program.

deadday
12-12-2007, 08:00
Right now the Army is pushing the ODC or Officer Dirct Commision. There is no minimum credit hours to apply. As long as you are in college and have a GT of 110 or above you can submit a packet. You HAVE to complete a Bachelor's though before you can be promoted to Captain.

It is very big right now, The Army needs Officers and Warrents bad.

BTW, I AM NOT A RECRUITER!!!!!:steamed::supergrin:
I know your joking but we do not recruit, we only do Career Counseling and Reenlistments. I dont deal with recruits,
Congrats on the Reup and the $$$$
Spend it wisely. Like on a new Glock!
cp

Do you have a link to more info on this program SFC P? Checked AKO but came up blank...BTW, seems it's time for you to chanage your member name, congrats on the promotion (if it's new)!

drew

ssgarmy
12-13-2007, 08:26
Ok guys I have to clear something up that I was unaware of.
The ODC (Officer Direct Comm.) program has been suspended for AC (Active Componant) the ONLY way to go Green to Gold on Active Duty is through OCS.
The ODC program is exclusive to the Army Reserve right now, Guard is not eligible unless you transfer to the Army Reserve.

I didnt know the program had been suspended for AC.
I have limted access to the OCS info as well. But I will see what I can find for you guys that are interested.

If you are Reserve, even on Active orders or you are in your MSO in the IRR and want to change MOS's and come into the Resrves and become an Officer this is a great time to accomplish these things.

Yes I know I should change my Board name but I have been a member here so long I just figured I'd keep it, Not like it affects my paycheck:supergrin:

SFC P

NDGlock
12-13-2007, 09:25
My state is still doing ODC via the Guard. You do have to have your ducks in a row though:

Be an E-5 (or higher) for 2 years or more
Have a 4 year degree
Completed WLC
Be recommended by Company Commander and Battalion Commander
3 letters of reference from officers outside your chain
Current physical
250 or higher on PT
No profiles.

ssgarmy
12-14-2007, 10:27
NDGlock
Ok thats cool. I wasn't sure and it may be state by state. I can tell you now. The Reserve differs from your state.
-There is no Minimum rank
-No WLC needed
-You do not have to have your degree but you have to be enrolled in College and some credits (no minimum. BUT you have to finish your Bachelors before you can be promoted to Capt.
-No PT required Just has to be a PASS.
-No Profiles
-Have to have a GT of 110 or higher

There is a 2 Board process Local and Federal level.
I am still trying to get ahold of my buddy who is an Active duty ACC. For active component Requirments guys, bare with me.
SFc P

12-14-2007, 19:21
I am amazed at amount thrown out to re-uper's. Thousands +. I got caught in the Truman year Army hold-over in 1950 . So, I re-up'd
I got $300. After deductions I think I got $180 clear. What a difference compaired to today.................

deadday
12-14-2007, 19:36
<----Got $2000 enlistment bonus..

drew

Broylz
12-15-2007, 11:45
i got 8K to go another 6 years as an MP