Kahr PM9 or MK9 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kahr PM9 or MK9

Cokeman
12-06-2007, 19:36
Do any of you have one of these?

RMTactical
12-06-2007, 20:21
I had a K9 and my brothers have or had owned both of those as well as an MK40...

I know some guys have had decent reliability with some of these... but I have yet to shoot a Kahr of any kind that was what I would consider "reliable".

I won't have anything to do with a Kahr again...

However, despite the issues, both of my brothers still own PM9's. I understand the allure. They are excellent in the size category, and that is the big selling point for my brothers, I know... and would be for me, but I cannot handle the poor performance.

YMMV

Steve Koski
12-06-2007, 22:09
How does the new thin Kel-Tec perform? I've seen 'em in stores, never fired one. Haven't heard many reviews either. It's under $300, and if it's like my P3AT- it'll shoot every damn round I put in it.

RMTactical
12-06-2007, 23:58
I'm wanting to try the new Walther... but waiting on some reviews...

Heard mostly bad about the new Kel-Tec, but my P32 is solid... for a BUG.

Cokeman
12-07-2007, 09:37
I am looking at the PM9 for my wife. I have heard that the newest PM9s are working fine. I would like to shoot one before I even consider buying.

What are the new Kel-tecs? I didn't know they had a new gun.

RMTactical
12-07-2007, 10:47
http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg182-e.htm

Cokeman
12-07-2007, 11:15
Oh. I didn't know those were new. I've heard bad reviews on them too.

Is anyone getting email notification. I'm not.

RMTactical
12-07-2007, 13:27
Think they have been out for about a year now... Kel-Tec made another 9mm, The P11, I think, it is a double stack and has been around for much longer. It also has a much better reputation than the PF9.

Is anyone getting email notification. I'm not.

You mean for private messages or bumped threads? Eric disabled them for the time being...

gsr
12-07-2007, 21:11
I haven't shot any of the steel frame Kahrs, but I've heard way more positive than negative about them. I have a P9, and it has been very reliable for me. I used to have a PM9, but I sold it to pay medical bills, and that I rarely carried it once I got a Kel-Tec P3AT (also a very reliable gun for me). I would have no hesitation in recommending a Kahr or Kel-Tec to anyone who has enough hand strength to properly use a semi auto pistol.

Cokeman
12-08-2007, 22:04
You mean for private messages or bumped threads? Eric disabled them for the time being...

No. I'm not getting emails when you guys respond to this thread.

Also, what recommendations do you have for a first AR-15. I figure you have some experience with them.

Free Radical
12-09-2007, 12:12
I am looking at the PM9 for my wife. I have heard that the newest PM9s are working fine. I would like to shoot one before I even consider buying.

What are the new Kel-tecs? I didn't know they had a new gun.

I've heard the same, but as a former owner of a barrel peening PM9 I would surely like to hear what they did different.