Glock LE/Military dealers in Kentucky [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock LE/Military dealers in Kentucky

Bren
12-07-2007, 07:34
Apparently Glock doesn't put the list of participating Law Enforcement/Military dealers, where you can get the LE discount, online. Does anybody know what stores in Kentucky offer the Glock LE/Military discount?

U1121
12-07-2007, 21:32
IIRC, Keislers in Jeffersonville, IN is the GLOCK LE rep for KY, OH, and IN.

I also heard that Classic Arms and Archery in Lexington was going to become an LE dealer, but I do not know ig that ever happened.

HTH
U1121

Bren
12-10-2007, 09:22
IIRC, Keislers in Jeffersonville, IN is the GLOCK LE rep for KY, OH, and IN.

I also heard that Classic Arms and Archery in Lexington was going to become an LE dealer, but I do not know ig that ever happened.

HTH
U1121
But the best I recall the statutes, even a Kentucky LEO can't buy a handgun in Indiana, so how does that work? I'm looking for a place that has the individual discount, not police department sales, so we may not mean the same thing.

U1121
12-10-2007, 09:45
But the best I recall the statutes, even a Kentucky LEO can't buy a handgun in Indiana, so how does that work? I'm looking for a place that has the individual discount, not police department sales, so we may not mean the same thing.

Well, I've bought 2 or 3 GLOCKs from Kieslers, so I hope we have not violated any statutes. :supergrin:

Granted, I have used a "letterhead" for the purchases, but I think if you really want to take advantage of this benefit, you should give them a call.

At the least, maybe they can steer you toward someone in state that can hook you up!

All the best!
U1121

gruntmedik
12-10-2007, 13:16

Bluegrass used to do it, but when I went to get my G17, this past summer, they said they no longer do it. They sent me over to talk with the guy that does the LEO deals at Kieslers, for the Homeland security deal--I work EMS.

All I had to do was give a copy of my Paramedic license, and pay. It is then shipped to a KY FFL--they prefer The Oakwood.

Just go and pick it up when it arrives, paying whatever transfer fee they charge.

FPD45
12-12-2007, 00:43
I believe Marks Guns on Dixie Hwy (US25) in Florence still does. I bought a Glock 27 there and just had to get a dept. letterhead for it.

moreammoplz
12-14-2007, 16:48
Just left 111 Gun shop in New Albany, guy told me he was going to sell Glocks for $469. He also has a Smith & Wesson deal for law enforcement for the M&P pistol. $389 and then there is a $30 rebate and certificate for 2 more mags through the mail. Might want to check him out. I bought a nice Mosin rifle from them tonight.

Bren
12-15-2007, 06:26
I just traded for one new Glock and got the GSSF certificate from Glock to buy another for $398, which I can get at Classic Arms, I believe, so never mind the LE/MIL discount for now.

Berretta9
12-15-2007, 07:56
Just left 111 Gun shop in New Albany, guy told me he was going to sell Glocks for $469. He also has a Smith & Wesson deal for law enforcement for the M&P pistol. $389 and then there is a $30 rebate and certificate for 2 more mags through the mail. Might want to check him out. I bought a nice Mosin rifle from them tonight.
How do you like the Mosin ?? I have lately been into collecting surplus rifles. Don't have one of those yet but just got a great Mauser. How pricey was it ??

moreammoplz
12-15-2007, 10:08
I paid $125 for the sniper style one, but they had two crates of them for $69.99. I actually traded in my 8mm ammo for the deal. I sold my Mauser a few months ago and still had 1100 round of ammo.

For $69.99 I would check out the Mosin carbines you can't beat the price and they are pretty clean, not full of grease. I was there for about a hour looking around and they sold 4 Mosins. Haven't shot mine yet, but it looked cool

I watched the DVD "Enemy at the Gate" and then had to have one. Now the trouble is to find ammo. I picked up a .303 last month and have only found about 100 rounds.

Berretta9
12-15-2007, 12:42
Where is this place ???

moreammoplz
12-15-2007, 14:55
Greg,

Come see our new location at 911 Hwy. 31E (Kopp Lane), Clarksville, IN"

http://111guns.com/

They are between SS Power Sports and the Concrete lady off of Kopp Lane, New Albany. If you are heading South on I65 they would be on your Right.

lewis
12-19-2007, 16:22
Classic Arms and Archery in Lexington is a Glock LE distributor for Kentucky. We went through then earlier this year when we traded our Gen 2 23's for Gen 3 22's.

Berretta9
12-19-2007, 20:08
Bought one of the Moisen carbines. For 69.00 it was in great shape and hard to pass.

wprebeck
12-23-2007, 12:10

Bren,

You can get the LE discount (individual prices) from Kieslers without a letterhead, but must transfer the gun over, just like any other state-to-state handgun purchase. The letterhead eliminates the need for doing a transfer, somehow. Or, that's what the Kiesler's LE sales told me...

Also, IIRC, you're near Florence. There's an indoor range/gun shop near there (can't recall, even tho I bought I gun there in May) that's a Glock LE dealer....he had a G34 in stock that a fellow officer bought. Kiesler's usually quotes a 6+ week backorder on those models (35/34), and he didn't want to wait. So, I found the shop (via Google) and he went up and got the gun.

Good service, from what I dealt with. Bought a Taurus Tracker (.357) from him, good price, and he threw in a box of S&B ammo for me, too.

Berretta9
12-23-2007, 16:16
I think the name of the place your'e thinking of is Shooters Connection in Independence. Great guys and a really cool range in the basement

FPD45
12-28-2007, 12:13
Shooters is in Independence. WShooters is nice new facility with a nice range in the basement. I don't know if they do the Glock LE discount or not.

Marks Guns is in Florence on Dixied Hwy (US25). It is a smaller building and has a range on the rear of the building. Facility is older and a bit rough. They do offer the Glock LE discount.

Independence and Florence are minutes apart.

wprebeck
01-01-2008, 07:55
Mark's Guns would be the one....

Thanks, FPD.

(would the "F" be Florence? If so, one of the guys running the Kenton County jail used to be a boss of mine. Small world, ain't it?)

FPD45
01-03-2008, 10:32
Mark's Guns would be the one....

Thanks, FPD.

(would the "F" be Florence? If so, one of the guys running the Kenton County jail used to be a boss of mine. Small world, ain't it?)

Indeed it is......

wprebeck
01-03-2008, 10:48
If you run into a guy named Colvin, he was a captain with us...

Last I heard, he was something bigger and better with Kenton county jail.

While I don't get up your way much, I was up there this past May. My sis graduated law school from Northern, so my duties as an older sibling required my presence. Nice commencent speech given by some Cincinasti liberal turd, too. Idiot who does work on pedophile cases....

(and no, she's not doing criminal law...works for a fmaily court judge in Lexington)