Mcmap [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mcmap

Scarecrow28
12-08-2007, 15:15
I've been a pretty devote practioneer of Tang Soo Do (more than 8 years of 1-3 times a week practice) but have unfortunately found that some of the complex manuever do little to help me in an actual fight.

I've tried Krav Maga as well, which helped a bit, but am still looking for a form of martial arts that would better fit my needs. I have been looking at MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) but have little information about it. Any feedback, positive or negative. Any important sources I should check out before starting.

gr81disp
12-12-2007, 22:17
MCMAP is good in someways, bad in others. A MCMAP practitioner WILL beat the crap out of the majority of the general population and will win against most MA practitioners. Against somebody trained in BJJ, Muay Thai or experience in MMA training, it is gonna be a throwdown, but you still have a chance albeit less than against most MAs.

MCMAP has ALOT of good stuff in it, unfortunately it also has some BS in it, some of that stuff you found not useful. Overall, IMO its goods outweigh its bads.

ltgibson2001
12-19-2007, 12:01
Other than getting the manuals online and training on your own (or with a group wanting to train MCMAP) is there anyone teaching this to civilians anywhere?