PDA

View Full Version : Cod 4....

THEPOPE
12-09-2007, 22:34
Love it?

Hate it?

Critique it?

Me?

Loving it, so far.....good game-play, serious weaponry...ranks to earn better shtuff...

Small maps, though, a bit claustrophobic with numbers of people in game.

On-line play is the preferred style for me, how about you all ?

Ime out :cool:

gruntmedik
12-10-2007, 19:32
I'll let ya know after Santa comes. Got XBox 360 and COD4 for my kids.

Tvov
12-10-2007, 21:11
I've played the demo, and it looks really good. I was surprised the demo plays so well on my system -- PIV 2g, ATI 9600 256mb graphics. Do you think the full game would play well?

EAJuggalo
12-11-2007, 00:21
I played it on PC for about 2 hours, ran well on my system, 2.2ghz Athlon 64X2 8600GT and 3GB 533ram. but I can't get used to playing with a mouse and keyboard so I'll be picking it up for the 360 next week.

Scottsdale Thug
12-13-2007, 23:57
:arg:
EA: have you thought about buying a USB controller?
Logitech makes some good ones click me! (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/&cl=us,en)
Or if you already have a 360 I would recommend the Wireless Gaming Receiver (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360wirelessgamingreceiver/default.htm) made by Microsoft. If you plug it in to your PC it allows you to use all of your XBOX360 wireless accessories.

/hijack

CoD 4: My Experience
Infinity Ward made up for Treyarch's fumble of CoD 3.

I absolutely LOVED the single player campaign....
Just the modern setting alone was enough but then you add to it the weapons, audio, and visuals it is up there at the top.

Sorry but I must talk more about the visuals. I mean -blam!-. I tried but can not put into words how friggin sweet it is. The way the focus will switch between close and long range..... some of the fog effects... the NVG... oh.... and once I was in cover RIGHT under War Pig's (M1A1 Abrams) 120mm right when it fired and the effect was amazing the reticle on my EOtech stayed on target but everything else was "gettin' rocked"

The gameplay was also good.
There is a good story with in-game clues and suggestions, but there are multiple ways to solve the problems.
The D-pad for weapon selection LT to aim down the barrel LB+RB for 'nades Click the Right thumbstick to shank

Multiplayer
At first I didn't like it too much. I mean sure it's pretty but.... I drink the Halo flavored Kool-aid
After several (accidental) hours with a friend one night it started growing on me. Once you start to unlock the different weapons and "perks" you get sucked in.

I think BioShock deserved GOTY however CoD 4: Modern Warfare is in a VERY close second

10/10 from the Official Xbox Magazine (http://www.oxmonline.com/article/reviews/callofduty4)
5/5 from X-Play (http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/reviews/1664/Call_of_Duty_4_Modern_Warfare.html)
9.4/10 from IGN (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/832/832599p1.html)

I say give it a shot.
_Scottsdale

EAJuggalo
12-14-2007, 00:10
Scottsdale, IW didn't put any control mechanism into it other than mouse and keyboard. I actually purchased a wired 360 controller in feb just so I could play games like this on my computer when I got Vista, but the games still have to support it to be useful. Both games I've tried it with Overlord and COD4 wouldn't work with the controller.

Scottsdale Thug
12-14-2007, 01:32
Correct. I for some reason I thought it was a "Games for Windows" Good catch.

_Scottsdale

gr81disp
12-14-2007, 03:20
GREAT GAME!! Period.

Tvov
12-14-2007, 05:05
It is kinda funny about the keyboard - controller thing. For the life of me, I CANNOT use a controller!

THEPOPE
12-14-2007, 23:51
It is kinda funny about the keyboard - controller thing. For the life of me, I CANNOT use a controller!

I agree, it took me a long time to get used to the key-pad and mouse, but when I did, it is over for control pads for me now...they just don't cut it any,more...

Answer to your previous post, Tvov, I am playing the full game, on-line that is, I never play the single player mode, I have an entry level PC, 2 g, decent vid card but noyjing extravegant, ATI Radeon 9600, had a couple issues to work out on the sound side of things, but the game runs damned smooth for me....

If a message keeps coming up, like, prob with mp3.xxx , go into properies and change the name of that file to : mp3.bak, settles the issue with sound card...

Should work fine .

Come play with us old guys at "MSG" servers, or "AngerManagement" server...

Ime out :cool:

Tvov
12-15-2007, 05:19
Answer to your previous post, Tvov, I am playing the full game, on-line that is, I never play the single player mode, I have an entry level PC, 2 g, decent vid card but noyjing extravegant, ATI Radeon 9600, had a couple issues to work out on the sound side of things, but the game runs damned smooth for me....

Excellent! Sounds like your system is almost identical to mine. I may pickup COD4 after Christmas, but I am playing so many games now... I may wait until summer when the price drops.

THEPOPE
12-15-2007, 21:43
Tvov, good idea, I was going to do just that, but the forum fellows on our site talked me into an earlier purchase, so I went in....

One caveat, if you are currently playing many other games, you MAY need to un-install some of them, maybe not....I did , as a pre-emtive strike to assure mine would load problem free...so, you know, if it gives you trouble, you may have to get rid of un-needed " memory wasters" on your machine....

Good luck, sir, and let me know if you get on -line with it, maybe we could hook up for some combat, eh?

Ime Out :cool: