For all the Phoenix area and other AZ Glocktalkers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : For all the Phoenix area and other AZ Glocktalkers

kenpoprofessor
12-10-2007, 06:55
I'm relatively new to GT, though I had lurked when links were posted on other gun boards. I really like this place and would like to get to know some of the people here in person.

With that said, any of you guys/gals interested in a meetup, BBQ, or something? If you know of any good places to shoot that we could all be safe and sane but not have to worry about ammo restrictions or admission fees?

PM me if you're interested, I'd like to get together sometime and make some new buddies as I'm new to the area (6 months). Hell, maybe even meet a woman or two that shares similar interests.:supergrin:

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Lone_Wolfe
12-12-2007, 01:29
Hiya Kenpo,
I'm not new to GT but I am new to Arizona. I get up to Phoenix sometimes and would love to meet up and poke holes in a few targets sometime.
Maybe even meet a man who likes to shoot too. :supergrin:

ClydeG19
12-13-2007, 17:17
Some people from arfcom and azshooting.com are getting together 12/29/07 for a shoot at the Casa Grande public range. Any of ya'll are welcome to come out too. I'll probably come out in the afternoon.

http://www.arizonashooting.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39448

dwh79
12-16-2007, 21:15
What Casa Grande has a public range? I would like to know where this is at. I will be going back out again here in 2 weeks and would like to stop by a local range and possibly shoot a little. I am staying in Casa Grande when I go. I am in agreement finding a woman that enjoys to send lead down range is deffinetly a good thing.

Lone_Wolfe
12-16-2007, 23:35
What Casa Grande has a public range? I would like to know where this is at. I will be going back out again here in 2 weeks and would like to stop by a local range and possibly shoot a little. I am staying in Casa Grande when I go. I am in agreement finding a woman that enjoys to send lead down range is deffinetly a good thing.

Well here I am guys! :tongueout:

ClydeG19
12-17-2007, 03:42
From the intersection of I10 and I8, take 8 west to Trekkel Rd. Go south to Arica Rd (1.5 mi) and turn east. It will meet Isom Rd...hang a right and the range is .6 mi up on the left.

Anyone planning on coming out that Saturday?

dwh79
12-17-2007, 22:04
Lone wolf what do you like to shoot?

akapennypincher
12-18-2007, 16:38
Who is speing for the FOOD?????

Lone_Wolfe
12-18-2007, 23:01
Lone wolf what do you like to shoot?

Due to a wrist injury that won't heal I got into .22's. Now I'm hooked. I have Anschutz pistols and rifles, a Martini BR single shot, 2 Ruger single actions, and about 15 other .22 pistols and rifles. But someday I hope to be able to shoot my S&W 500 again. :supergrin:

k594
12-19-2007, 10:14
any verde valley northen az shooter wanna get together let me know i shoot every weekend

Sam Spade
12-19-2007, 11:55
Due to a wrist injury that won't heal I got into .22's. Now I'm hooked. I have Anschutz pistols and rifles, a Martini BR single shot, 2 Ruger single actions, and about 15 other .22 pistols and rifles. But someday I hope to be able to shoot my S&W 500 again. :supergrin:

Hi. I think I met you at the gun show at the Tucson Convention Center.

BSA slung muzzle up, Wather P22 right hip. Was that you?

Lone_Wolfe
12-21-2007, 23:16
Hi. I think I met you at the gun show at the Tucson Convention Center.

BSA slung muzzle up, Wather P22 right hip. Was that you?

That wasn't a P22, that was my P99. And the show was at the Pima County fairgrounds when I had the BSA.
Now to remember you; were you one of the guys who proposed to me? :cool:

Sam Spade
12-22-2007, 03:58
That wasn't a P22, that was my P99. And the show was at the Pima County fairgrounds when I had the BSA.
Now to remember you; were you one of the guys who proposed to me? :cool:
You're right--about the location, not the proposal.

I have no desire to wake up dead--due to her, I'm sure you're a nice person. ;)

Nice to have met you.

Lone_Wolfe
12-22-2007, 10:16
So which one were you?

dsgrntldPW
12-22-2007, 21:30
So which one were you?

The one with the banana in his pocket?

Lone_Wolfe
12-22-2007, 21:56
The one with the banana in his pocket?

:animlol: :rofl: :animlol: :rofl: :animlol:

viscid240
12-24-2007, 15:22
:rofl:, what is this turning into..lololol

kenpoprofessor
12-24-2007, 17:11
Damn, checked this a couple of days after I posted and didn't see any responses, and now, well, damn.

I'm up in Northern Phoenix, shoot me a PM if you'd like to get together. I've got a box of clays, a thrower, and a few shotguns if you need one to borrow.

I'm off for the week but my availability might be limited, but give me a shout anyways.

Most definitely give me a shout Lone Wolfe.

Clyde

Lone_Wolfe
12-24-2007, 22:00
Makes me wish I wasn't starting the new job until after New Year's. I'd love to blast a few clays sometime soon.

Glocker 4 Life
01-18-2008, 17:25
I'm out in Surprise, AZ and theres a couple decent places to shoot. I just wish I new this area alot better. My FIL knows some great places to shoot out this way. My wife has a good customer that lives just outside Maricopa and we have special permission to shoot on his land. pretty nice.

I'm always looking for some nice spots to shoot.

ChukGlk19
01-31-2008, 23:12
Hi same deal here. I am in the NW valley. I am in Casa Grande on the weekends I work for a skydiving company. Regardless wouldn't mind meeting some other people to shoot with. I just have my Glock 19 but love to shoot. Definitely looking for places to shoot with out all of the fee's etc. I don't mind paying the fee's but anyway if you all set something up keep me informed!

Doc Holliday
02-14-2008, 08:12
March 1, 2008 is a Saturday. I'm thinking Ben Avery.

Lone_Wolfe
02-14-2008, 20:40
I'm interested.......

Glocker 4 Life
02-14-2008, 21:12
anyone been to the area off Cable Mesa rd (off I-17)? It's pretty nice, but you have to get their early cause it fills up FAST!

CU4X4N
02-15-2008, 00:45
I'm interested.......

Hell, if Lone_Wolfe is going, I gotta check what all the fuss is about!

Lone_Wolfe
02-15-2008, 12:54
Hell, if Lone_Wolfe is going, I gotta check what all the fuss is about!

hahahaha

jenn2112
02-16-2008, 15:28
Hey all,

I'd love to go to any events planned on the weekend as well. My husband may or may not, as he doesn't share the same extreme enthusiasm as I do. I went to Ben Avery today by myself. Not a big deal for me, I always have a blast chatting with everyone there. But if there's an event, I'm most likely in!

There's free shooting in Tonto forest, you just have to make the drive. You'll also need some standable targets, however you make them. I can be the lead vehicle since I know where the spots are, and if anyone wants to stop afterwards there's a restaurant in Tortilla Flat that'll staisfy you post-shooting hunger. All types of firearms are allowed except for clay shooting - they had too many people not cleaning up after themselves. We have brought shotguns though, and that's fine. I pick up all my brass since I shoot mostly .40 but if you shoot .22 (Lone Wolfe) it isn't required for that caliber.

Anyway, would love to meet some of you, regardless of the location!

kenpoprofessor
02-16-2008, 17:17
I'm definitely up for March 1st, let's set it up. Ben Avery is best for me, no 4wd on a Toyota Camry. My buddy and I will be out tomorrow busting clays at 9 if anyone cares to show and join us: White Camry and Blue Ford Explorer or Black BMW. If you need a pic let me know, or you can find one of me here LOL.

So, we gonna shoot rifle/pistol, skeet/trap, or both? We bringing lunch or ordering pizza delivered?

Clyde

Lone_Wolfe
02-16-2008, 22:06
I'm not going to be able to make the 1st, I have my CCW class that day. (Finally getting the AZ permit) I can do the 2nd though.

Any takers?

CU4X4N
02-17-2008, 22:11
I'm not going to be able to make the 1st, I have my CCW class that day. (Finally getting the AZ permit) I can do the 2nd though.

Any takers?

I'm in for either day, or both!

Where you taking your class at?

And what took you so long????

jenn2112
02-18-2008, 15:13
I'm definitely up for March 1st, let's set it up. Ben Avery is best for me, no 4wd on a Toyota Camry. My buddy and I will be out tomorrow busting clays at 9 if anyone cares to show and join us: White Camry and Blue Ford Explorer or Black BMW. If you need a pic let me know, or you can find one of me here LOL.

So, we gonna shoot rifle/pistol, skeet/trap, or both? We bringing lunch or ordering pizza delivered?

Clyde

I was just there Saturday (BASF). There's a great pizza place just across the highway called Ray's. I personally have never skeet shot but am willing to give it a try!

kenpoprofessor
02-18-2008, 17:22
I was just there Saturday (BASF). There's a great pizza place just across the highway called Ray's. I personally have never skeet shot but am willing to give it a try!

If you don't have a shotgun, they have them for loan. I used one of their 11-47s yesterday. I think I did better with my pump Mossy :supergrin:., and I had 3 shotguns in my trunk. It was crowded yesterday, and shooting with people I didn't come with makes me wierd.

And yea, we ate at that Pizza joint when I took my CCW class 7 months ago, good food.

I say we all meet up at It's A Grind coffee shop in the morning, get to know one another for a bit, and then head out and go play.

Have a great gun carryin Kenpo day

Clyde

jenn2112
02-18-2008, 19:37
Sounds great, let's settle on whatever weekend day and plan to have some fun!

Lone_Wolfe
02-18-2008, 21:31
I'm in for either day, or both!

Where you taking your class at?

And what took you so long????

I'm taking the class at Black Wolf Defense in El Mirage. I waited because I just got off active duty and wasn'r sure I was going to stay until recently. I've been toting a Florida permit among others.

That is, when I even bother to conceal.

Lone_Wolfe
02-18-2008, 21:32
P. S. I have 3 shotguns I can bring. A Benelli and a Beretta semi, plus an old Mossberg bolt action.

CU4X4N
02-19-2008, 00:20
I can bring whatever toys people want me to bring:

AR 15
AK 47
Sig Sauer 9mm
Glock 23
Ruger 10/22
GSG-5
18" 12 ga. shotgun

That's it as far as range toys.

CU4X4N
02-19-2008, 00:22
I waited because I just got off active duty and wasn'r sure I was going to stay until recently.

Lemme get this straight,

Yer a girl,
you like guns,
and you are a veteran?

Please tell me you are married or have a long term bf!

Thank you for serving and my name is Chad! :wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
02-19-2008, 18:23
Lemme get this straight,

Yer a girl,
you like guns,
and you are a veteran?

Please tell me you are married or have a long term bf!

Thank you for serving and my name is Chad! :wavey:

Yes, I'm a girl
Yes, I like guns
Yes, I'm a veteran

No, I'm single and between BF's at the moment. :wavey:

I'm also in the National Guard.

BuckeyePPC
02-21-2008, 11:11
Anyone in the Sierra Vista - Tombstone area shoot at the Sierra Vista range out on 90 close to the junction to 80 ? Used to go out there until I found a place in the desert not far from home but willing to travel if we get a group together . How about anyone in the area into Cowboy Action Shooting ?

Daryl in Az
02-21-2008, 11:51
Anyone in the Sierra Vista - Tombstone area shoot at the Sierra Vista range out on 90 close to the junction to 80 ? Used to go out there until I found a place in the desert not far from home but willing to travel if we get a group together . How about anyone in the area into Cowboy Action Shooting ?

I haven't shot there in a few years, but might be willing if a group got together. Like you, I usually just shoot out in the desert.

Daryl

jenn2112
02-21-2008, 11:52
I will be at the main range of Ben Avery Saturday morning (around 8 or 9). If anyone else will be there, let me know. I've got about 200 rounds of ammo burning a hole in my range bag :supergrin:

Lone_Wolfe
02-21-2008, 17:50

I practically live at that range. In fact I plan on perforating some targets there on Sunday. :wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
02-21-2008, 17:51
I will be at the main range of Ben Avery Saturday morning (around 8 or 9). If anyone else will be there, let me know. I've got about 200 rounds of ammo burning a hole in my range bag :supergrin:

Only 200 rounds?!?! That's a good start! :supergrin:

JK, I know you probably had to take out a 2nd mortgage to buy the stuff.

CU4X4N
02-21-2008, 17:57

Are you talking this Saturday morning, the 23rd, or next Saturday morning the 1st?

and are you still going on the 2nd Lone_Wolfe?

I wanna meet some of my fellow GTers!

Lone_Wolfe
02-21-2008, 18:31
Still plannin' on the 2nd....:50cal:

This Sunday I'll be shooting in Sierra Vista

jenn2112
02-21-2008, 20:01
Are you talking this Saturday morning, the 23rd, or next Saturday morning the 1st?

and are you still going on the 2nd Lone_Wolfe?

I wanna meet some of my fellow GTers!

This Saturday, the 23rd. If anyone is going on the 1st I might come up that Saturday too.

jenn2112
02-21-2008, 20:08
Only 200 rounds?!?! That's a good start! :supergrin:

JK, I know you probably had to take out a 2nd mortgage to buy the stuff.

Hehe, yep it's a good start. I was at the range last weekend with 300 but I started getting casing jams every 15 rounds or so. I then decided it was time to pack it up and give my baby G23 a good cleaning. So I'm definitely itching to go back on Saturday :supergrin:

Lone_Wolfe
02-21-2008, 20:08
Hey, is anyone going to be down my way THIS weekend?

BuckeyePPC
02-25-2008, 16:28
Couldn't make it last weekend but may this or next weekend early Saturday or any time Sunday. Are they open on Sundays ?

I've got 42 20rnd boxes of Wolf .223 in the gray coating if anyone's interested. I bought 1000 rnds a couple of years ago and can't get them to shoot right in the 2 .223s I have, both NEF single shot. I plan to sell them at one of the Tucson gun shows in March or maybe save up for an AR and hope they shoot in that.

CU4X4N
02-25-2008, 16:32
Couldn't make it last weekend but may this or next weekend early Saturday or any time Sunday. Are they open on Sundays ?

I've got 42 20rnd boxes of Wolf .223 in the gray coating if anyone's interested. I bought 1000 rnds a couple of years ago and can't get them to shoot right in the 2 .223s I have, both NEF single shot. I plan to sell them at one of the Tucson gun shows in March or maybe save up for an AR and hope they shoot in that.

PM inbound

Lone_Wolfe
02-25-2008, 20:33

I've been in the desert once around here. I go to that range almost every weekend.

CU4X4N
02-25-2008, 20:37
I've been in the desert once around here. I go to that range almost every weekend.

How was punching paper in Sierra Vista this weekend?

Lone_Wolfe
02-25-2008, 20:46
How was punching paper in Sierra Vista this weekend?

Lots of fun, but would have been even better if the &^%$#@! wind would give it a rest!

Glocker 4 Life
02-25-2008, 23:44
I go by Ben Avery on my way out to the desert (off Table Mesa) exit 266 off I-17. It's the only place I know of in the desert.

So, are we all gonna meet up on Sat or Sun? and where are we all going to go?

Let me know so I can plan accordingly. I can bring extra pistols, rifles & a shotgun. Just let me know so I can bring ammo accordingly

Scott

CU4X4N
02-25-2008, 23:57
I go by Ben Avery on my way out to the desert (off Table Mesa) exit 266 off I-17. It's the only place I know of in the desert.

Let me know so I can plan accordingly. I can bring extra pistols, rifles & a shotgun. Just let me know so I can bring ammo accordingly

Scott

I think the plan is to stay at Ben Avery.

Some people are going Saturday and some people are going Sunday.

jenn2112
02-26-2008, 13:35
I'm going to try to be at the main range on Saturday around 8:30-9

PM me if you're going and want to meet up, I will give you my cell, but only if I know you're from AZ :tongueout:

Lone_Wolfe
02-26-2008, 19:59

Scott

I go to Table Mesa just about every time I get to Phoenix, which is regularly. Fun place to shoot.

Glocker 4 Life
02-27-2008, 09:15
I go to Table Mesa just about every time I get to Phoenix, which is regularly. Fun place to shoot.

Cool. Last time I was out there (3 weeks ago) some guy was circulating a flyer asking those with trucks to get together sometime in March (IIRC) to go around and pick up alot of the trash that others leave behind, otherwise the BLM is going to close it. It irritates me when people take advantage of nice land like that then trash it like they do. I don't see whats so difficult in spending 20 minutes to clean up after your done shooting.
I lay a large blue tarp down to catch my brass, & haul away any targets I prop up, along with other people's box's, etc etc I can get into the truck. It's these kinda people that are going to ruin it for all of us.

Ok, rant off..

Don't think I'll make it this weekend (much work at home to do), but hopefully the following weekend. maybe 1 of these times we'll meet up & shoot the breeze (and steel plates too LOL)

Take Care
Scott

CU4X4N
02-27-2008, 20:13
I don't see whats so difficult in spending 20 minutes to clean up after your done shooting...
...along with other people's box's, etc etc I can get into the truck. It's these kinda people that are going to ruin it for all of us.

+1

I always clean up after myself and make sure I grab at least the same amount of trash, if not more, that someone else has left behind!

Lone_Wolfe
02-27-2008, 23:20
Same here. Although I didn't worry about the brass as much, there was always someone who wanted it so I'd let them get it. Now I have a Dillon and plan to re-use my brass. But my brother, nephew and I always climb back over and get our trash.
My favorite targets there are those old propane tanks that sound off when I pop them with one of my .22's. Please don't take those away! :supergrin:

jenn2112
02-28-2008, 20:00
+1

I always clean up after myself and make sure I grab at least the same amount of trash, if not more, that someone else has left behind!

++++++1 :)

I clean up my brass and anyone else's around. I especially clean up the shotgun shells - some people even leave glass behind that I pick up. :upeyes:

mace85
03-10-2008, 01:14
Well here I am guys! :tongueout:

:needspics:

ChukGlk19
03-21-2008, 00:55
I haven't checked in for awhile but if you all are doing something let me know I would love to get out shoot. My girlfriend doesn't share my enjoyment of the range so if you all are doing something please PM here or whatever. I'll check in more. I only have about 200 rounds through my new pistol so I'm aching to get out!

Lone_Wolfe
03-21-2008, 18:29
:needspics:

Just ask and ye shall recieve........

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/Lone_Wolfe_/SW500.jpg

:tongueout:

Glocker 4 Life
03-21-2008, 18:43
Gonna take this one out with me next time I get out there. Need to sight in the scope & laser

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd258/CobraGT87/Firearms/AR15-b.jpg

Lone_Wolfe
03-21-2008, 18:44
:drool:

I'm taking this one....
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/Lone_Wolfe_/ColtP-left.jpg

Glocker 4 Life
03-21-2008, 19:07
:drool:

I'm taking this one....
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff10/Lone_Wolfe_/ColtP-left.jpg

Thats a sweet Python .357 ya got there ^5 If I see ya out there, I'll let ya take the AR for a spin :wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
03-21-2008, 19:18
Thank you, I'll let you shoot it if you want to. I plan to take you up on shooting the AR :thumbsup:

Glocker 4 Life
03-21-2008, 19:35
Thank you, I'll let you shoot it if you want to. I plan to take you up on shooting the AR :thumbsup:

you have a deal :thumbsup:. I haven't shot one of those yet. I look forward to shooting yours :wavey:

Lone_Wolfe
03-21-2008, 19:40
Just remember, you have to GIVE IT BACK when we are done shooting... :supergrin:

Glocker 4 Life
03-21-2008, 19:55
Just remember, you have to GIVE IT BACK when we are done shooting... :supergrin:

OK, as long as you also give mine back :supergrin::supergrin:

Lone_Wolfe
03-21-2008, 20:01
Oh...... alright...................

DARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:animlol: