Tuf 7....... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tuf 7.......

agarr
12-10-2007, 11:51
This one should be interesting. Middleweights.

Coaches- fighting for the title after the show ends.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson & Forrest Griffin.

Too early for predictions, however I will go with Rampage.......:supergrin:

gr81disp
12-12-2007, 22:21
I would normally agree with your prediction of Page, but after witnessing the absolute destruction of Shogun by Griffin, I have to sit on the fence.

Also, a BIG rumor is that Abu Dhabi Combat Club Heavyweight and Absolute (i.e. Open Weight) World Submission Wrestling Champion, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt World Champion and Pan-American Black Belt Champion Ronaldo 'Jacare' DeSouza may be a competitor on the next season. If so, he is going to be a HEAVY favorite.

shamster
12-13-2007, 12:42
That would be crazy if Jacare is on the show. As a BJJ guy, I'm a big fan of his. Fingers crossed.

TRMN8R
12-14-2007, 11:49
I would normally agree with your prediction of Page, but after witnessing the absolute destruction of Shogun by Griffin, I have to sit on the fence.

Actually, I'll leap out there and do you one better: I'll go with Forrest in the finale. Make no mistake here; I know full well what Jackson's capable of, but that aside, Griffin's complete dominance over Shogun (as well as the downfall of Mirko in the HW division) shows Pride fighters will not just run through UFC's upper echelon.

Back OT, I think Griffin's team will fair better simply because I see him as being a better coach. Granted, Jackson has far more experience, but he strikes me as a fighter who takes in alot of knowledge and training, but isnt' good at relaying that to anyone else (except for those unfortunate enough to have to fight him in the ring). Forrest OTOH, is a guy well known to training with multiple camps getting as much input as possible from as many different directions as he can get it from. In addition, he already has experience with the whole TUF set-up and can draw directly from that to impart that to his team.

When these two clash in May/June, does that automatically make their bout a title fight or just an "exhibition" bout? Reason I ask is, at the pace Griffin's going, he would've been a contender for the title(s) anyway, no? My guess is it was supposed to be Shogun, but we saw what happened to that. So if Griffin's not, who is? Jardine? Or, would it be Rashad? Hmmm...

gr81disp
12-15-2007, 00:31
Forrest and Page will be fighting for the title, but since both are injured (Forrest just had shoulder surgery and Page had to have surgery on his hand) and out for a while, they were stuck on TUF.

ltgibson2001
12-19-2007, 11:58
When is this season scheduled to air? March or April 08 time frame?

TRMN8R
12-20-2007, 11:27
Last info I had was season 7 lasting six weeks, starting in April '08.