cross your fingers..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : cross your fingers.....

mmsig229
12-13-2007, 12:57
Wish me luck this Sat. I'll be doing my first degree work from the East. I'm conferring the EA Degree on two new brothers. I have it down pretty well I think. But as you know, things can get a little mixed up quickly. Breakfast at 0830, the gavel drops at 0900. I'll let you know how it goes.

jrr6602
12-13-2007, 17:07
No Hill for a Stepper! Good Luck WM.

grecco
12-13-2007, 20:29
Best of luck Brother.
You will do just fine.

mmsig229
12-18-2007, 08:46
I have to admit, it went great!!!! Had some PM's from other lodges show up along with some other new faces. A couple of small bobbles but nothing major. Lots of compliments after from the Brothers. More importantly the candidates really enjoyed it.

Bilbo Baggins
12-19-2007, 00:37
The later portion of your statement is by far the most important. If the Candidate enjoyed the degree you did great.
I have seen brothers preform degrees that were letter perfect, but there was no feeling just doing it by rote, and this shows to the Candidate.

Congrats to you I am glad it went well.

deputy tom
12-19-2007, 19:48
I agree.The Candidate doesn't know if you make a mistake as long as the delivery is smooth.Congrats on the first couple of many great conferrals.Enjoy yourself.tom.

CAPITALIST
12-19-2007, 23:25
I have to admit, it went great!!!! Had some PM's from other lodges show up along with some other new faces. A couple of small bobbles but nothing major. Lots of compliments after from the Brothers. More importantly the candidates really enjoyed it.

Happy to hear it Bro. Nobody told me about an EA being put on with the new Master at your Lodge.

mmsig229
12-20-2007, 07:36
Happy to hear it Bro. Nobody told me about an EA being put on with the new Master at your Lodge.

Very funny. You knew I was working on the EA. I'll probably have one more EA before Inspection. I'll keep you posted. Our Inspection is Sat Feb 23RD, kickoff at 0900 Hrs.

01-03-2008, 16:04
I am giving a 1st degree at the end of the month and I am sweating it big time!!

I have a good bit of it down and still have to get the rest memorized.

Not sure if it is just a Pennsylvania thing, but do other states do short degrees??

When there are more than one candidate for the same degree on the same night?

I need to get checked out and passed on my proficiency, I hope I can do the degree as well as the candidate deserves!!

MarcoPolo
01-11-2008, 09:53
Glad to hear it went well!

Remember, the only perfect degrees are put on from the sidelines. ;)

mmsig229
01-13-2008, 08:20
Glad to hear it went well!

Remember, the only perfect degrees are put on from the sidelines. ;)

I like that!!!!!!! I can't wait to use it when I hear some whispering from the sidelines!!!!

MarcoPolo
01-14-2008, 09:35
Feel free, my brother!

(Maybe we should add not prompting unless requested.. or ONLY ONE PROMPTER into the obligation) ;)

01-19-2008, 06:54
Well, I gave my first degree last night.
I gave the EA and I was prepared, or so I thought.

I needed a little prompting at the end of the altar lecture. I think the only complaint that I got was that I was talking fast.

I have a tendency to talk fast when I get nervous.

I was pretty satisfied with my performance though. I can't wait to give another EA degree!!!!

ArodJohns
01-19-2008, 16:31
Well, I gave my first degree last night.
I gave the EA and I was prepared, or so I thought.

I needed a little prompting at the end of the altar lecture. I think the only complaint that I got was that I was talking fast.

I have a tendency to talk fast when I get nervous.

I was pretty satisfied with my performance though. I can't wait to give another EA degree!!!!

Whomever stated that the only perfect ritual is given from the sidelines is spot on. Those old men sit there and complain and complain, but to have them do it (if you can convince them to do it in the first place) they'll swap just as many words around.

Here's a good gauge:
Do you feel like the candidate got the point of the degree?

Was 75% of the Ritual done right?

Were you satisfied with how things progressed?

If all of the answers are yes, I'd not pay a lick of attention to what those gold fringed aprons say.

MarcoPolo
01-20-2008, 15:18
I agree. I'm a ritualist myself, but I get more (and believe the candidate gets more)