Starting a UCincinnati Shooting Sports Club [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Starting a UCincinnati Shooting Sports Club

flitcrma
12-13-2007, 14:35
I just finished putting together the constitution and bylaws for creating a UC Shooting Sports Club, and hope to bring a shooting sports club back to the University of Cincinnati for the first time in over 40 years.

To start this up though, we will need 10 UC students as members, 3 of them as officers (president, vice president, and treasurer) and a faculty advisor. Debby from Mad Duck has been kind enough to offer to be our faculty advisor.

What we need to do as a group - find people who go to UC and enjoy shooting firearms recreationally. Get them to email me (visit the link in my sig, click contact us, I'm the only Mike listed), and I will put them on as members assuming they are currently enrolled students on good standing. We will all need to get together some time and discuss who will be the president, v.p., and treasurer. The officers and Debby will then sign the application, and then it's down to handing in the application for approval.

The more people the better folks. We need, at a minimum, 10 folks for this. Then it's getting it passed through the Student Activities Board. Let's bring the shooting club back to UC for the first time in over 40 years.

Joe Tactical
12-13-2007, 17:40
Good luck! I hope you are able to get things going.

volsbear
12-13-2007, 17:53
I'm a graduate student there. I'll PM you.

elderboy02
12-14-2007, 10:40
Damn, if only I went there. Good luck.

feltoosj
12-21-2007, 19:51
Are they really going to check to see that I'm NOT a UC student...? haha

Good luck finding the folks. Try doing what Miami does: talk to ROTC folks. Supposedly the MU pistol club gets 20-30 people/week, probably 1/2 of them ROTC.

Racsan
12-23-2007, 14:42
If you are not still in contact with Mark Noble, give him a shout. He was active in Ohio State's pistol club while he was there. I think he was working on a 2nd amendment club on campus also. Secondly there are some guys called Ohio United Sportsmen at OU in Athens (Josh something, can't remember his last name), them and the OU 2nd amendment club could be good resources for you.

PotentPotables
01-02-2008, 22:27
Hey Mike, you can count me in for sure. I'd love to be a part of this and get involved in the process.

-Alex