What to expect after sending in petition??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What to expect after sending in petition???

ditch_digger
12-13-2007, 20:01
I am going to send in my petition after the first of the year and was wondering what to expect. My wife's Grandfather is a Mason/Shriner and will sign for me, but he has been a member for 40+ years and said things have probably changed a bit since he joined.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

grecco
12-13-2007, 20:27
I am going to send in my petition after the first of the year and was wondering what to expect. My wife's Grandfather is a Mason/Shriner and will sign for me, but he has been a member for 40+ years and said things have probably changed a bit since he joined.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Once your petition is handed in,
a comittee of usually 3 , atleast one being a PM will come and interview you.
They will report back to the lodge,
a ballot will be taken, if you are voted in, they will contact you.

MarcoPolo
01-11-2008, 10:03
Congratulations on turning in your petition. While each lodge has it's own "flavor", keep in mind that in an age of "1 minute online approvals" the lodge may seem a bit slow.

In our lodge, we typically present the petition at the next meeting (once/month). Qnd a committee is assigned (as described by grecco). They are usually asked to have their reports back before the next meeting, when a vote is taken. You will then be contacted by the lodge.

Again, each lodge is different, but at our lodge from turning in a petition to scheduling your initiation (if approved) is usually 2 months.

You can (at least at our lodge) still come in during meetings (though not sit in lodge). In fact, I would encourage you go to lodge, eat dinner, have coffee and get to know the brethren.

Keep us posted on your progress!

ArodJohns
01-20-2008, 15:42
Congratulations on turning in your petition. While each lodge has it's own "flavor", keep in mind that in an age of "1 minute online approvals" the lodge may seem a bit slow.

In our lodge, we typically present the petition at the next meeting (once/month). Qnd a committee is assigned (as described by grecco). They are usually asked to have their reports back before the next meeting, when a vote is taken. You will then be contacted by the lodge.

Again, each lodge is different, but at our lodge from turning in a petition to scheduling your initiation (if approved) is usually 2 months.

You can (at least at our lodge) still come in during meetings (though not sit in lodge). In fact, I would encourage you go to lodge, eat dinner, have coffee and get to know the brethren.

Keep us posted on your progress!

All of this holds true, ESPECIALLY THE PART ABOUT SEPERATE LODGES (emphasis on this due to what I'll say next. I am in no way refuting what Marco has stated, my Lodge just does it a little differently).

We get a petition, it's read and laid over on that meeting. The brethren (3 brothers) investigate the applicant (nothing too indepth), then report usually on the night of the vote. If they report favorably, you'll be voted on that night. If they report unfavorably, they'll contact you to tell you that you didn't make the cut.

After a favorable vote, they'll set your initiation and let you know. Probably a wait of about two weeks, maybe a month at the longest.

ditch_digger
01-21-2008, 16:32
Thanks for all of the responses. I will let you know when I hear one way or the other. Hopefully it will be good news!!!

ditch_digger